Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
please explain the auto stick feature.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
schweeet double post!!!!

B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by TGO:
please explain the auto stick feature.

i'm still learning about it, but it is not common in Ghias. Seen mostly in buses and Type III delivery vans.

it's basically a manual, but without a clutch pedal. You still have to shift through the 3 forward gears to get moving. when you touch the gear stick, a switch activates a series of vaccuums that release the clutch. It all happens very quickly as you move the gearstick. once you let go of the stick, the vaccuums disengage and the car slips into the next gear. pretty neat! when you come to a complete stop, the brake pedal also disengages the clutch so you can get it back into 1st.

the car needs floors and doglegs. aside from that, the body and frame are in good shape. needs a new top, but the top frame is complete. electrical system is simple and complete, as is the engine. the motor is clean and ready to run.

i can't wait!

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
sounds cool...wonder if it works well ?

EDIT: it'd be funny if it worked better than BMW's crappy SMG - and it probably does!

Last edited by TGO; 05/13/06 12:22 AM.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Passed the exam this weekend. Need bike.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
my buddy's first car was a karman ghia...that thing got some looks...he had some funky exhaust on it called a "zoom tube" i believe, thing made some serious noise for a little car...he also had a MGB GT shortly after that too...we called that thing the alphabet, haha, so many letters for such a little car, good luck with the new project

'OO CSVT #1586 Silver Frost
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard