Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1564711 05/04/06 09:58 PM
111R Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
my gaskets under my upgraded camber plates are 1/2 in place and 1/2 in the air; they are totally toast and the plates move around. i just went to the stealership and bought 2 new gaskets and i just asked my suspension shop if a omp or custom strut tower bar would be ideal to hold the camber plates/gasket in place. he happend to mention it would increase traction, even though i dont care bout that,he did say it would hold things together better. i also explained that due to the firewall being so close it will not have a drastic effect (so i have been told). he also explained that it NEEDS to work with my camber kit, spc, or else it will not work at all. and just a fyi a ferrari dino was getting a new suspension while i was there so he seeems to know his stuff.

is a custom or omp strut bar ideal to use with spc camber kit and upgraded camber plates WITH oem gasket under the plates ONLY to hold the plates/gasket in place?

thanks!

-a

Last edited by 111R; 05/04/06 10:10 PM.

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
111R Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
any help?

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
No. Those plates are supposed to move as many recent posts have stated. The ID of the OMP vs the OD of the plates does not work. I had to have my OMP milled so that my plates would STILL move freely.

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard