Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
"When forums say things like, "crank the engine" is that talking about cranking it by hand?"
It means, turn the key in the ignition to "start".

".. when I'm turning the key to start the car, should I be pushing on the gas pedal... I figured that would flood the engine if its not firing."
This is not the normal procedure for everyday starting. However, in your case, as posted previously, you should. If the engine is flooded, this will cause the injectors to shut off. If the cylinders has lost compression, this should help regain compression. And if there is less fuel than is necessary to start (air in the fuel injectors), this should also help start the engine.

Note that almost all of us who have done a UIM/LIM rebuild have experienced the "takes a long time to start after putting it back together" syndrome.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by projectSHO89:
When I did mine, it took like what seemed to be forever for the fuel rail to properly pessurize and purge all the air out of it so it could fire...

Steve

Did you even prime the system after getting it all hooked back up?

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
IT'S ALIVE!!!

I just had to hold the down the pedal and turn the ignition for about 5 minutes off and on. It sputtered and stalled for a while, and then fired right up. I drove it about a mile down the road and back (did't want it to die and then be stuck walking). Boy, this car is now running like the day I got it. No CEL's thus far either. The down side is that I drained the battery trying to get it to fire upand now there's no juice to start it up again. Just going to have to wait until tomorrow to push it out of the garage and jump it.

Again, a million thanks to everyone for their support and suggestions.

- Derek

2005 S/C Monte Carlo SS 1995 Contour SE
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Hook up a charger. It's not good to let the alternator charge a battery that is dead. Good work on the UIM/LIM rebuild!

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard