Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I thought about lowering the Contour about 2" and was wondering... What is the best type of suspension to use?

I have been looking on Ebay and have found some, I just dont know what is a liable source, so before screwing up the car, I figure I'd run them by you guys first.

I have heard "popping" stories about the BAT kit. I LOVE Eibachs, Now what abou Intrax, Bomz, Ground Control, or even Vogtland?

The Bomz ones I have found that you can adjust the ride height on, which might be good. I'm looking more for the adjustable type, but I wouldn't want to mess that up either because I don't know the proper setup for the best handling. Anybody want to help me on this? Here is the Ebay link... Ebay

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
ajusa.com Koni sport kit. No complaints.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
if u want 2inches the intrax will be close 1.8f 1.7r. b&g autobahn springs are 2.25f and like 1.6r. b&g sport springs, vogtland, koni sport springs are all supposed to be about 1.6f/r next thing r coilovers to set wherever u want it. lots of guys have tried ground controls (including me). i dont know if anyone has tried those ebay ones. there were some matrix? ones that were gc knockoffs. those bomz ones seem to adjust differently from the gc's so i would say they arent gc knockoffs but pretty damn cheap. they might be ok but i'd be nervous to run them on my car. its great to find a bargain but many times u also get what u paid for.

ajusa also has the vogtland springs for like 190 and free shipping. will be cheaper than that ebay seller.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i went with the eibach pro kit. its not 2 inches but its a good decent drop. my alighnment spcs arent too out of wack or anything and it rides good. ive had them on for a little oveer a year now and no problems. my tires wear out pretty evenly too. the camber is between -.8 to -1 all around wich is pretty good.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Thats good, I have always had a high opinion of Eibach, just didn't know if anybody had anything else to say 'bout them.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard