Next Thread
Print Thread
#1562471 05/01/06 10:56 PM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Naw, Just kidding. Man this place is dead...

Last edited by Hydramatic; 05/01/06 10:57 PM.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
bah.. nothing but work, dvds, and sleep for me.

on the plus side, now that my income is positive, I've been giving my car some much needed TLC... changed the oil, new everything filter, replaced my blown out resonator with a magnaflow, fixed the crooked exhaust tips, another round of rattle and squeak control, replaced the rear subframe (including reinforced swaybar mounts... first time there's no squeaking or clunking back there in.. a long time), polished headlamps, and partial integration of the ipod. it's actually presentable now.

if I only I could only fix the huge dent in the back quarter panel, it'd be good as new.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Sounds like you did quite a bit of work to get her back in shape so to say. Need some pics to verify.

How's the Magnaflow sound compared to the stocky?

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
How's the Magnaflow sound compared to the stocky?

love it. before, I had a cheap resonator that was near the end of its life, plus it had a pinhole in the canister and a rather large break where the pipe met the canister, on account of a chance encounter with a largish rock. so for the past year I've been putting up with a pretty loud exhaust, though not as loud as when I replaced the resonator with a straight pipe (back in the day).

with the magnaflow, it's close to ideal. there's some drone at about 2000-2500 rpms on throttle, but everywhere else is butter. generally quiet, but burbly when it's supposed to be. prob a mild enhancement compared to stock, though it's hard to say... it's been awhile since I've heard a stock svt.

E0 SVT, lightly modded

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard