Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
I got my MB Quart Reference component set in the mail this week and have been doing some thinking on where exactlly to mount them. The tweeters on this unit are seperate from the 6.5" speakers and am debating weather or not to put them in the doors. After looking at the inital setup, I had thought this but quickly thought that it would be a bad idea because I was worried about moisture getting in the door and ruining my crossover(s). I then thought of just running an extra wire through the rubber boot but that won't happen because it has a connector and does not go straight through. I also don't want to drill any extra holes to run them.

So what types of preventive measures did some of you take to keep your crossover safe? I was thinking about taking the 4 screws off of the cover and applying dielectric grease to the base but there are holes but into the case (maybe as a heatsink). The only thing I am left with is to take a plastic bag and put that over the crossover and just zip tie it together.

Has anyone ever had a crossover failure when installed in the door???

Any suggestions/comments welcome.

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
my crossovers have been in my doors for about 5 months and not 1 issue.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I used the original speaker wire running from the radio to the speakers. I cut the wires and ran wires to my cross overs. I had Polks first then they went out so I replaced them under warranty with Infinity. I have had crossovers since I bought the car in 01 and no trouble with them. I cut enough of the foam out to mount them with and then used dry wall screws to hold them into the foam.

99 Contour SE Sport
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Wrap them in shrink wrap or place them in a zip lock bag and wrap with electrical tape

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
I had custom Madisound crossovers that were completely open without a cover in my doors for over 2 years without any issues.

Water leakage didn't seem to be hardly as much of an issue in the tour compared to many other cars.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard