Next Thread
Print Thread
A
acammer Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
So, after another Friday night of too much wheelhop, I know I need to get things under control, for the sake of the differential. So I'm going to start with the ES insert for the front mount by the battery, and see if I need to really do more after that. My question is, who will ship this baby to me the fastest? I'm going to a Test 'n Tune next Friday, and I'd really like to have it in by then, or I can't even dream of using the water box and decent 60' times.

Also, anything special I should know about the install. It looks pretty straightforward.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
get a rear roll resistor from pole120

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
It's a pretty easy install.Ford says you need a tool to realign the engine after the through bolt is removed.

2000 Silver SVT
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Personally I debated the inserts, but ended up going with the pole mounts. And am 100% satisfied. I wouldnt bother with the inserts.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by tropictour:
Personally I debated the inserts, but ended up going with the pole mounts. And am 100% satisfied. I wouldnt bother with the inserts.
-tropictour

Agreed. I get no wheel hop withmy set up.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
A
acammer Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Sounds like Pole mounts are the way to go. I'll probabl do the rear, see how it is, and if its still a bother, I'll do the front.

Current Ride: 1998 Contour SVT - T-Red, Res. Delete, K&N under the hood, broken side skirt at passenger rear jackpoint. Its FOR SALE, see the classifieds.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by acammer:
Also need new-ish condition front struts. PM me!

that will also make wheelhop a b*tch too

Mark 1998 T-Red SVT -Needs more Go 1999 Light Prairie Tan, Se Zetec www.cardomain.com/id/tour4reak

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard