Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
I got my parts to build the MIL eliminators and just want to clarify something before I install them. How many o2 sensors does the svt have? Is it 2 or 3? I've located the one after the catalytic converter, is there another one down on the exhaust?

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
There are two pre-cats and one main cat. You need one mileliminator for each downstream O2 sensor (there are two downstream O2 sensors before the main cat)

99 SVT Black/Midnight 1462 out 2760
D
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
D
Thanx for the clarifaction, I think i've got it now

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by davesvt98:
I got my parts to build the MIL eliminators and just want to clarify something before I install them. How many o2 sensors does the svt have? Is it 2 or 3? I've located the one after the catalytic converter, is there another one down on the exhaust?

i thought they had 4 o2 sensors. 2 un the top before the pre ats and 2 after on the bottom of the pre cats

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by pimpdcontour:
.. i thought they had 4 o2 sensors. 2 un the top before the pre ats and 2 after on the bottom of the pre cats

You are correct. However, all davesvt98 needed to know was that one mieliminator was needed for each downstream O2 sensor and that information was given in the second post by ChilliSvt.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard