Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1560562 04/28/06 06:30 PM
OP Offline
alright, last night my friend and I were trying to make a CAI for his 99 countour, when we took out all the stock intake parts there was a rubber bushing with a bolt going through, the bolt is snapped, it is right under the intake, just wondering if anyone knew what this could be. i will try to get pics up tonight of it. thanks for your help

#1560563 04/28/06 07:37 PM
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me to my tranny mount. Its part of the assembly that the stock air bracket connect to. (via little rubber nuts) Its really easy to fix.

Keep the big-huge rubber grommet and the black thing that goes through the middle of it. You can unscrew the broken bolt from the black thing by grabbing it with some vise grips and unscrewing it. Go to the hardware store with the broken bolt you extracted and buy a replacement bolt with same thread count. I got mine from Ace Hardware. And they had an exact replacement on hand, same length,strength rating, and everything. (God was encouraging me that day)

When I re-installed it, I used a jack with a 2x4 on it to jack the engine back up to be able to put everything back together. (because when this mount breaks, the tranny sags downward)

Hope that makes sense and helps out...

1998 SVT + Goodies Hal's How To's

Link Copied to Clipboard