Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Hello everyone just wandered on this site surfing the net .. I have a 98 Ford contour se just recently had a real bad accident 2 air bags went off I love this car like a family pet and desperately wanted to get this puppy back on the road damage was not too severe mostly cosmetic other than passenger strut, windshield, 2 headlights a grill and passenger fender this can all be replaced fairly cheaply the worst thing is the air bags but weve checked it out and we can put her on the road without them so thats fine by me. my issue is my steering wheel I cut out the airbag but what can I do about that gaping hole in the middle of the wheel I know I can replace the steering wheel with somethinhg different easily but I wanna keep my cruise control on my wheel I've tried pushing it closed thinking maybe it would snap closed magically ???, obviously not gonna happen ... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. she is a beautiful car and I want her to be perfect in and out !

Thanks Candace

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Candace_23:
Hello everyone just wandered on this site surfing the net .. I have a 98 Ford contour se just recently had a real bad accident 2 air bags went off I love this car like a family pet and desperately wanted to get this puppy back on the road damage was not too severe mostly cosmetic other than passenger strut, windshield, 2 headlights a grill and passenger fender this can all be replaced fairly cheaply the worst thing is the air bags but weve checked it out and we can put her on the road without them so thats fine by me. my issue is my steering wheel I cut out the airbag but what can I do about that gaping hole in the middle of the wheel I know I can replace the steering wheel with somethinhg different easily but I wanna keep my cruise control on my wheel I've tried pushing it closed thinking maybe it would snap closed magically ???, obviously not gonna happen ... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. she is a beautiful car and I want her to be perfect in and out !

Thanks Candace

I have an airbag that I would get rid of for a great price. I know it fits my pre 98 se. You may have to search and see if it is the same as your 98 se. Anyways, it is gray and in perfect condition. PM me if you are interested.

Jeff

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Welcome to CEG. Sorry to hear about your car.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome .

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
FWIW, Hollander lists the `98 Contour driver's bag being the same for `98s built up to 08/03/97 and then from 08/04/97. It does not show that the pre-98s or the 99+ bags will fit. The passenger bag has the same date cutoff. Up to 08/03 the bag will interchange with `95-`98 Contour or Mystique. 08/04 to the end of the `98 model year interchanges with `98 only.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I bought my contour totalled...both blown, I replaced them w/ covers from www.hicksairbagcovers.com Decent prices, you can't tell the difference & perfectly legal.

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Welcome Candace.
Sorry to hear about your tour. I hope you get it back up and running soon.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard