Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Hi all!

I just got a 1995 Mercury Mystique GS (24 valve 6 cyl)

Right now I have an AM/FM/Casette player in there.

I want to put a Duraband CD player radio in there. (yanked from my old Pontiac station wagon)

This is the only other place I could think of to get advice about my car, and I figured I'd ask the simple stuff first.

B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
So...what's the question?

And welcome to the forums.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
By a new radio, even a cheap one should be better or get a used Ford cd player

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
J
OP Offline
J
I have a Duraband CD player I bought for my old Pontiac. I just need to know what kinda harness and stuff I need.

Also how involved is the dashboard removal for that car?

B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by JediMaster:
I have a Duraband CD player I bought for my old Pontiac. I just need to know what kinda harness and stuff I need.

Also how involved is the dashboard removal for that car?

Your local audio store should have the adapters you will need for your model car. Make sure you specify if you have the Ford premium Sound option or not, there are two different kinds of adapters.

Installation is pretty straightforward. Pulling the old radio out involves using U-shaped clips to release the locks that allow the player to slide out. You don't have to remove the dash.

#1560021 04/28/06 09:43 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Well, today I took on the project, and I'd say ity was pretty simple.

I just don't have the locking sleeve for the new radio.

That's okay, it's a temp fix till I can get a pro job done.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Those DIN removal tools suck.... I had to unscrew mah dash to get to the back of mine....

Morgan

1998 Contour GL 2.0L Zetec Stock as hell for the moment....
#1560023 05/02/06 11:00 AM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by JediMaster:
Well, today I took on the project, and I'd say ity was pretty simple.

I just don't have the locking sleeve for the new radio.

That's okay, it's a temp fix till I can get a pro job done.

JediMaster, PM me, I think I have an extra one.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by Smorganin:
Those DIN removal tools suck.... I had to unscrew mah dash to get to the back of mine....

Morgan

to get to the back of what? your dash or the back of the radio? the din removal tools couldnt be any easier to use. $3 from walmart and the hu pops out unless your wiring is snagged on something but the din tool has nothing to do with that

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by hmouta:
Originally posted by Smorganin:

Morgan

to get to the back of what? your dash or the back of the radio? the din removal tools couldnt be any easier to use. $3 from walmart and the hu pops out unless your wiring is snagged on something but the din tool has nothing to do with that

It's not always peaches and cream using the DIN tool. My POS stock radio was hung in the opening, and it very nearly came to ripping the dash off to get the damn thing loose. It took nearly 30 minutes of screwing with the thing before it would come out the opening. And it took only 3 minutes of hitting it with a 15 pound sledge-hammer to make me feel better about it. Ahhh.....good times.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard