Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SVT3391 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I think most of you regular guys know that Mike (69Boss302) owns Allen's Auto Glass Repair (Allen's AGR). About a month ago my CSVT got a small stone chip on the wind shield. After I contacted Mike, he drove down to where I work (downtown DC) to repair the chip.

I can see him very detail oriented. After he's done with the job, the chip is no more! I am fairly happy with the job quality. Also he got some very fancy business cards!

From his card I just learned that he is also certified Notary Public. I bet most of you guys don't know, right?

The only thing I think Mike should consider, IMHO, is to get a portable GPS. He got lost in the DC traffic for a good 30 minutes. I believe Mike can write the cost off because that's business related expense.

Good job, Mike!

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Thanks for the compliments Rick. I appreciate it very much.
I've actually been looking at getting a GPS unit just for that very reason too. I just need to free up a little cash first.

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Hrmm Mike!

My Wife's Focus needs a new windshield. I'll have to get a quote.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
my accord has 2 bad chips...get down hurrr!!

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
Thanks for the compliments Rick. I appreciate it very much.
I've actually been looking at getting a GPS unit just for that very reason too. I just need to free up a little cash first.

If you're shopping, look at www.buygpsnow.com, especially if you've got a PDA you like. I have a SD card GPS receiver that I use with my Dell, and there are some different software options.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Hrmm Mike!

My Wife's Focus needs a new windshield. I'll have to get a quote.

-Andy

I don't do replacements just repairs. Many times though a windshield can be repaired. If you'd like I can swing by and have a look at it. If you're sure that it needs to be replaced then look at Safelite or Harmon Auto Glass. Their man bread and butter is replacemnets and usually do a good job. Make sure though that you educate yourself about it all before you do anything. Also, look for a company that has NGA (National Glass Assoc) certified techs.

Originally posted by Jesus is Lord:
my accord has 2 bad chips...get down hurrr!!

You have PM as I'll be passing through in a little while on my way South.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
How do you know if it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced?

My miata has had a small crack in the windshield since I bought it and I am wondering.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
can you repair a crack that goes from one end of the windshield wipers to the other?
-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Great Job!!!

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er

Hey everyone, been in SC last week finishing work on the SVT and now both the Silverado and SVT are in MD.

Originally posted by JeSuS iS LoRD:
Great Job!!!

Thanks Brian. Nice meeting everyone there that night. Have you cleaned your truck yet?

Originally posted by moxnix:
How do you know if it can be repaired or if it needs to be replaced?

My miata has had a small crack in the windshield since I bought it and I am wondering.

I generally won't attempt repair on a crack over 12" however that's not to say it can't be done. I recently repaired a crack that was 24" - 30".
In all fairness to you and myself, it's really hard for me to say if it should be replaced or not without seeing it first. I would be willing to have a look at it for you.

Originally posted by Andy W.:
can you repair a crack that goes from one end of the windshield wipers to the other?
-Andy

I would need to look at it. PM me if interested.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard