Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
ok, i've been reading up and found that most people dont agree on what type of trans fluid to use, but i had a few questions hopefully some of you guys could answer.

1. what size tool, or socket or whatever is needed to take out both plugs on a 99 csvt?

2. is a friction modifier the best way to go with any fluid?

3. whats the best type of synthetic fluid to use?

thanx guys.....

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by LukeDuke:
ok, i've been reading up and found that most people dont agree on what type of trans fluid to use, but i had a few questions hopefully some of you guys could answer.

1. what size tool, or socket or whatever is needed to take out both plugs on a 99 csvt?

thanx guys.....

Royal Purple, hands down.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
am I wrong for running Mobil 1 atf?

98 CSVT 278 of 6535 Born: April 17, 1997 Black w/ Midnight Blue int Alpine CDA-9855; Type-R 6x8" (rear) Rockford Fosgate 6 1/2" 2-way comp (front)
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by CSVT.UA.SHO:
am I wrong for running Mobil 1 atf?

I dont think that creates any problems... A few people here use that and it seems to work fine... But I highly suggest you try out Royal Purple... HMS (Haynes Motorsports) uses it in their built MTX-75's and I rarely ever hear about those transmissions failing.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y

Look in the FAQ. There are 2 different possibilities.

Use whatever you want, it's your transmission. I just changed my fluid last weekend, and the Mercon + FM looked almost new after 3 years of hard use.

You'll have varying answers. Most will say Ford Honey or Royal Purple Syncromax. I personally went with the RP Syncromax. No problems.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Don't use friction modifier for the love of god wtf good is that supposed to do in your MTX? Its for rear end differentials!

L
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
L
alright thanx for the info so far. thats mostly what i read so far. except i havent found the tools needed to take the plugs out yet. sounds like RP is highly favorable with most, where can i get that at and how much is it usually? thanx and any more info would help.....

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
I dont think that creates any problems... A few people here use that and it seems to work fine... But I highly suggest you try out Royal Purple... HMS (Haynes Motorsports) uses it in their built MTX-75's and I rarely ever hear about those transmissions failing.

Wrong ... HMS RECOMMENDS Ford "Honey" ... their transmissions ship dry.

Last edited by fastcougar; 04/27/06 08:25 PM.
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by fastcougar:

Im confused, Rawburt told me they told him to use Royal purple... Unless thats what he told me he ordered, not what they suggested.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by fastcougar:

Im confused, Rawburt told me they told him to use Royal purple... Unless thats what he told me he ordered, not what they suggested.

Honey is a definite. RP Synchromax is a "maybe." Terry wouldn't use anything but the Honey in his own car, I suspect.

The Honey is Motorcraft XT-M5-QS manual transmission fluid. (Named after its color.) I think the cheapest is around $15/quart, and the RP about half that or less.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard