Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1559160 04/27/06 01:13 AM
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
I picked a set of leather buckets out of an '05 Jetta at a local boneyard. (It fell of the train, 6 miles!)

I was wondering if anybody has any luck with getting non-stock seat to fit right in a Contour. I have the Jetta seat tracks, I was thinking of drilling new holes and using washers as shims to level the new seats.

Any help and encouragement appreciated!

Pat

99 Contour SE Sport V6 MTX Frost Silver Beginning the transformation to a Mondeo ST200 clone. 215/45/17's on Mondeo ST200 wheels Building a Factory Five Racing Cobra
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I'm guessing you'll have to fabricate some sort of mounting bracket. You might have to pull the Contour seats, track and all, and trace the mounting points onto a piece of cardboard. Then you can use that to help fab a bracket that will bolt up to the stock holes.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
I'm guessing you'll have to fabricate some sort of mounting bracket. You might have to pull the Contour seats, track and all, and trace the mounting points onto a piece of cardboard. Then you can use that to help fab a bracket that will bolt up to the stock holes.

Yeah you would probably need to make your own mount as Twyce said. Put some pics up when you do cause I'd like too see what it looks like

98.5 Silver Contour SVT 4931/6535 - March 8th, 1998. *Knaubernized *Brows *Clear Corners *5% Tints *Lil bump in the trunk ^.^ CarDomain Page *Updated August 6th*
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Just go buy some flat stock steel at Menards/Home Depot etc. Make these into adaptor plates. It works pretty slick and saves time and money. I spent $12 on steel from Menards and made adaptor plates to bolt my Corbeau racing seats into my Camaro using the factory seat brackets.

Place the steel pieces over the bottom of the Jetta seats, mark where the holes are, and then drill accordingly. Then place the steel over the Contour seat brackets and mark the bolt holes, again drill accordingly. Then tada, you have adaptor plates to bolt your Jetta seats to your Contour seat brackets. It works better to actually measure out the distance between the bolt holes on the seats and brackets for an exact fit.

Take some pictures when your done.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
Just go buy some flat stock steel at Menards/Home Depot etc. Make these into adaptor plates. It works pretty slick and saves time and money. I spent $12 on steel from Menards and made adaptor plates to bolt my Corbeau racing seats into my Camaro using the factory seat brackets.

Place the steel pieces over the bottom of the Jetta seats, mark where the holes are, and then drill accordingly. Then place the steel over the Contour seat brackets and mark the bolt holes, again drill accordingly. Then tada, you have adaptor plates to bolt your Jetta seats to your Contour seat brackets. It works better to actually measure out the distance between the bolt holes on the seats and brackets for an exact fit.

That doesn't sound too safe if you got in an accident...

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
What do you think stock seats are secured down with? gorilla glue? a properly secured bolt is a properly secured bolt.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
gorilla glue?

now that sounds like an idea

1999 T-Red Contour Sport w/ 78000 miles
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
What do you think stock seats are secured down with? gorilla glue?

LOL....maybe....Gorilla Glue rocks!

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Wet both pieces first, and you're set

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Matt R:
Originally posted by CSVT#49:

That doesn't sound too safe if you got in an accident...

I did this with 01 celica seats in an 01 ranger and i rolled it twice into a ditch and the seats were fine. and the passenger and i were somehow OK too.

I tack welded the steal 3/8" plates to the brackets that were bolted into the truck, then pulled them, welded them up. then welded the seat sliders onto the plate out of the truck. its very simple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard