Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BCSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Now, I have searched and found out that there is no performance to be gained going from original to an aftermarket pack such as accel's or msd or w/e...

My question is, in a 100k mile car, has the performance of the original pack deteriorated enough to warrant an investment in a new one. My inclination is yes, but I wanted to see other's opinion on the subject.

David

The greatest stealth car ever... CSVT 1998 2.5L V6 MTX KKM intake with BAT pipe Magnaflow resonator other Audio enhancements
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
No.

It doesn't degrade. Eventually it mail fail, but it doesn't degrade.

The best maintenance you can do for the coil is to replace the plugs before they get too badly worn. The extremely wide gap and generally poor plug will tax the coil, making it constantly put out to meet a higher than desirable voltage just to make the plug fire. I replace my plugs every 60K. I still have the original coil at 216K.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Sounds like you really want to justify putting in a aftermarket coil My factory coil was fine, but put an accel pack in anyway. I thought it helped idle alittle myself but maybe that was me thinking it was better to justify putting it in

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
B
BCSVT Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
haha yeah, i'm trying to justify the cost, but if everyone is saying there is no benefit, then i guess i won't be putting in a new one lol

David

The greatest stealth car ever... CSVT 1998 2.5L V6 MTX KKM intake with BAT pipe Magnaflow resonator other Audio enhancements

Link Copied to Clipboard