Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I had done the FSVT pump, but I'm not happy with the way it sits in the housing, even with the other gaskets so I coughed up for the redesigned pump. There's just one extra step now.
Part # Label

Front & Back of the pump housing.

Extra Step
Clicky!
DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE THAT STUPID DISC ON THE BOTTOM OF THE HOUSING! Ford still hasn't taken it out.

2000 Mystique LS Duratec 2.5L MTX
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
NOOOOOOOO!!
Personal opinion, but I curse the day I put the redesigned fuel pump in my contour. It has had a hiccup accelerating in 3rd gear ever since I installed it a year and a half ago now. We had some discussion on it quite a while ago... no one could figure out what the problem was.

-Chris 2000 SE Sport V6 5spd (all stock except for EO brakes)
T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by sail114:
NOOOOOOOO!!
Personal opinion, but I curse the day I put the redesigned fuel pump in my contour. It has had a hiccup accelerating in 3rd gear ever since I installed it a year and a half ago now. We had some discussion on it quite a while ago... no one could figure out what the problem was.

Sorta sounds like the problem is with 3rd gear, but hey, I didn't read the thread. If I wasn't so lazy I'd search for it and offer non-biased, non-sarcastic input.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
What fitament problems did you have with the FSVT pump? The FSVT and Contour pumps have identical dimensions -- drop in replacement.

If you're referring to the entire assembly, you're not supposed to use the FSVT assembly, just the pump.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
WTF pump is THAT? Where have I been. What is the flow rate?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Tisby Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by morbid:
What fitament problems did you have with the FSVT pump? The FSVT and Contour pumps have identical dimensions -- drop in replacement.

If you're referring to the entire assembly, you're not supposed to use the FSVT assembly, just the pump.

IF you swap in the FSVT pump (just the pump itself) you have to use the rubber moldings/gaskets from the contour pump for it not to be too tall. However, even then it still does not fit 100% correctly.

W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Stazi:
WTF pump is THAT? Where have I been. What is the flow rate?

It's the same one that I bought last fall. The box comes as a complete kit with the green o-ring and new locking ring and other hoses and stuff. Another big difference is that the fuel line and electrical connection swap locations from the original, but there's enough slack in the lines that this isn't a problem. Oddly enough, they suggest dropping the tank.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by weargle:
Oddly enough, they suggest dropping the tank.

be careful, you might dent it if you drop it. or crack in our case. lol

99 V6SE Sport ATX

Link Copied to Clipboard