Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
zovall Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to purchase an iPod Nano and I'd like to hear the sound through my the speakers in my 99 Contour SE. Everything in my car is stock. From what I've read on some of the threads here, I think I'd like to connect the iPod directly (without using an FM transmitter).

It seems that one option is to replace the head unit with one that accepts RCA jacks and then purchase a Nyko cable on Ebay. What head units are recommended? I am completely open to buying a really basic head unit used (whatever is cheap and will work).

Are there any other options for me to connect the iPod directly?

Thanks!

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Alpine HU + Ipod adapter + ipod = listening to Ipod through car speakers and controlling the ipod through the HU. I like this setup b/c you can have the ipod in the glove box etc. hidden away.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I had an Alpine CDA-9807 in my Contour and bought the $25 proprietary RCA cable for it. A lot cheaper than the $100 iPod unit (which this radio barely supported anyway as the screen was not dot-matrix). I wasn't crazy about the user interface on the Alpine, but it proved to be a reliable and sturdy head unit that almost never skipped CDs.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Go with the 2006 model year Alpines. you can get the 9852 for 179.99, the 9856 for 199.99 or the 9857 for 329.99. The IPOD connection is only 29.99 for all of those and it lets you 1)Control you IPOD through the Deck (it is fast beleive me) and 2) Charges your Ipod as well.

If you get these at best buy, you will receive a free IPOD connection if you purchase the 9857 so you'll save 30 bucks.

I honestly think these are great and the 9857 has the biolite so you will have reduced glare and its easier to read the screen in the sunlight.

The only difference between the 9852 and 9856 is that the 56 has 3 preouts and 18 W RMS x 4 and the 52 has 2 preouts and 16W RMS x 4.

THats just my opinion on this all.... but go Alpine for the IPOD Connection its great and cheap too.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I have a sony xplode HU with RCA jacks in the rear. I have an 1/8in. to RCA adaptor cable from radioshack and I love it. The wire hangs there but it don't bother me none. Cheap and easy setup.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard