Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1555810 04/22/06 02:39 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by We Todd:
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
What's the deal with your foglight - bigger/more powerful bulbs in there , or stockers ??

Now that you mention it, I did have the a bit brighter bulbs in there. I can't remember the bulb number, but they have been in there for a few years now, and this one wasn't working so I had assumed it just burnt out. I have no clue why it caught fire....

When you run higher wattage bulbs, you do run the risk of:
a) melting your lenses
b) melting your wiring harnesses

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
#1555811 04/22/06 03:46 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
What's the deal with your foglight - bigger/more powerful bulbs in there , or stockers ??

Now that you mention it, I did have the a bit brighter bulbs in there. I can't remember the bulb number, but they have been in there for a few years now, and this one wasn't working so I had assumed it just burnt out. I have no clue why it caught fire....

When you run higher wattage bulbs, you do run the risk of:
a) melting your lenses
b) melting your wiring harnesses

I understand that, but one would think it would happen shortly after they were installed, at least I would, not years after :shrug:

Ryan Trollin!
#1555812 04/22/06 08:18 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Why does my car absolutely hate me? I've officially, after 5.5 years of ownership giving her her name 'Christine.' I know its not original, but fits. I drove her home from Dan's house tonight, but lets just back up with the last two weeks stuff with my car. After Dan putting in my tranny that was just done through, 3rd gear still 'crunches' when you are driving spiritedly, then while I took her around the block in Dan's neighborhood the shift cable popped of the tower, no biggie. And finally, tonight when I pulled into the gas station smoke was rising from the left front. I'm thinking WTF is my clutch smoking now? Then I see flames. WTF!? I see my foglight that wasn't working has now caught fire! So, I look around quick, then yank off my shirt (damn sexy there) and start batting flames. Luckily a teenage kid from Mickey D's runs over with a drink and put out the flames.......

So, my [censored] car hates me, and I have no idea why.....

take her to court, get custody of the motorcycles, collect allomony, find a sexy new ride.....I will take the sloppy seconds.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
#1555813 04/23/06 03:53 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Why does my car absolutely hate me? I've officially, after 5.5 years of ownership giving her her name 'Christine.' I know its not original, but fits. I drove her home from Dan's house tonight, but lets just back up with the last two weeks stuff with my car. After Dan putting in my tranny that was just done through, 3rd gear still 'crunches' when you are driving spiritedly, then while I took her around the block in Dan's neighborhood the shift cable popped of the tower, no biggie. And finally, tonight when I pulled into the gas station smoke was rising from the left front. I'm thinking WTF is my clutch smoking now? Then I see flames. WTF!? I see my foglight that wasn't working has now caught fire! So, I look around quick, then yank off my shirt (damn sexy there) and start batting flames. Luckily a teenage kid from Mickey D's runs over with a drink and put out the flames.......

So, my [censored] car hates me, and I have no idea why.....

should have let it burn...if you have full coverage that is

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
#1555814 04/23/06 06:21 AM
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Oh my God, Ryan... What the #)(*@#&????

And what was Val thinking at this point??? "Oh, Christ- Here we go again..."

I agree, though- Shoulda let the mother-****** burn... Would have been a shame to see that sexy UIM/valve covers go, though..

Dan G. and his Cougar Forged internal (Diamond & Pauter) full 3L, "Monster" Kinger F/I cut & P&P, T3/4 60 trim .82A/R ADC turbo, SPEC Stage 3, Torsen, Greddy Profec-B SPEC II, Apex'i Timer, Lots of Gauges! Used to have: 3.0L SVT hybrid
#1555815 04/24/06 02:30 AM
O
OB1 Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
My brothers caught fire the exact same way, but he still had the stock bulbs in it. We had only had it about three weeks he pulls into the parking lot where he works & when he gets out his fog is in flames. He had to have a bumper all of the pans one headlight & a grill. It sucked for him only having the car a couple of weeks & that happens but he fixed it back & loves it more. I forget what his damage was but it was kinda shocking at first before we knew what all they were replacing! I didn't mention that they had to replace the wiring harness too!.
Good luck w/ whatever you decide.

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
#1555816 04/24/06 03:50 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Well, for one, I love my car and I think my car loves me back.

I have ownership for over 8+ years. The only money I put in besides regular maintenance, is a Ford built MTX-75 transmission and a new SVT clutch kit. That cost me alost $2300. My problem was the 3rd synchro, and I was persuaded by the mechanic that it was cheaper to put a new clutch kit in at the same time when the transmission was dropped. Turned out that my factory clutch was almost as good as new but well, the new kit has been put in.

Other than that, I have Bosal exhaust recently put on along with an optimized stock y-pipe. A new battery 3 months ago. Good JVC headunit and 4 Cerwin-Vega 3 way speakers.

I know the car is not perfect. However it serves my purpose as a dependable daily driver. It has never failed to start within one or two crank in the cold morning and the car is parked outside. The drivability is great. I just need to get the intake manifold cleaned (have never done so) and I am satisfied.

I have new cars come and go after I bought this CSVT. It does not have a name and has been always called 'the SVT' at home. But I have so much attachment toward it so it's a keeper. I hope I can keep it all the way to teach my daughter how to drive. She is almost 6 now.

98 Silver Frost E0 SVT. 1011/6535. DOB 05/16/97 Owned since new. Optimized y-pipe. Bosal Exhaust w/ silencer inserts. K&N intake w/ MAF. Ford Racing 9mm wires. 05 Saab 9-2X Aero Satin Grey. Cobbs Accessport Stage 2.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard