Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Hate to hear this, Rick, but I don't blame you.

You did not do a ton of work on my 'Tour, but what you did was TOP-NOTCH and for a damn good price.

Quality work, honest people and a fair price is the trifecta that's hard to find today. Take pride in the fact that you provided it for a great many people.

Life moves on; best wishes and good luck. The upside is that you'll get your weekends back!

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
rick, i work for ups. i'd be more than glad to check on this and try to figure out what went wrong if u want to pm me the tracking number. unfortunately there r alot of things that can cause an item to go missing. r u still waiting for the engine back or already got it back? #1 reason is usually the label tears or becomes illegible and the item gets forwarded to a corporate warehouse and catalogged. when a claim is issued we try to match the item to the claim. an engine is actually easy to match. the weirder the item the easier it is. do u ship them out in wood boxes or strapped to a pallet? i've see engines and trannies shipped pretty poorly, some even full of fluids that leak. i agree adc shouldve done all the work with ups. if u have an account with ups that u use to ship stuff, i'd be billing adc's ups account as a 3rd party if and when u dropship engines for them.

unfortunately i believe he does have a right to request a refund regardless of the reason and hence why his credit card company would give him the credit and go after adc to recover the refund. of course we try to show some cortesy to fellow forum members who have established an excellent reputation and then try to reach a mutual agreement that works best for everyone

u can try offering shortblocks with a refund minus shipping cost and a restocking fee of some sort (or adc).

i can understand u not wanting to deal with the hassles but its unfortunate. u do whats best for u.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
B
Learned patience the hard way
OP Offline
B
Hugo,

UPS found the motor in their lost goods area, but it was trashed in shipping. I ship them out in a tight fitting 5/8" plywood crate with the engine itself completely sealed in shrink wrap and the engine hs just enough oil coating on the steel parts to keep it from rusting in transit. In any case, the crate was broken open, the shrink wrapping removed and then the crate was repacked with the engine upside down stuffed in a plastic bag (not even sealed) and then the crate was attempted to be put back together using whatever nails, screws and strapping they had available. The engine may well have been ok, except they broke the seal on the wrapping and let it get sucked full of wood chips in transit from the crate being broken and reassembled.

They are supposedly paying the claim out on it now even though UPS was still trying to deny it due to insufficient packaging?! WTF, how is a plywood crate insufficient. In any case, the independant claims adjuster from UPS' insurance company definitely thought my packaging was more than sufficient and it was UPS fault that the motor was in the condition it was in when returned to me.

As far as the refund to the customer goes, I've got no problem offering a refund if there's a reason I can't deliver what they've ordered such as UPS losing the motor. While I'd prefer to fulfill the order at that point, as long as the motor was having a claim paid out on it, I was fine with refunding his money. It's when he was demanding a refund even if I produced the engine and threatening to call my employer to complain about my so called lack of business ethics that he overstepped his boundaries. Basically he ordered a custom part, built to his specification and as long as that part is/can be delivered, then there isn't any reason a refund should be offered.

ADC really isn't to fault as they pay me for a turnkey motor including the shipping to the customer. It's just when the chaim of command skipped a link and the end customer started treating me poorly that everything really blew out of proportion.

In any case, most likely I will still take on the occassional project if people contact me seeking some work here or there, but I'm staying shut down to just doing order work for anyone and everyone and being a lot more selective about what I actually do take on.

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

In any case, most likely I will still take on the occassional project if people contact me seeking some work here or there, but I'm staying shut down to just doing order work for anyone and everyone and being a lot more selective about what I actually do take on.

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened with this. I've had my share of people screw me over for online deals but nothing of that much money. Some people really need a lesson in life.

Good to hear you might do some occassional work. Another 3L project may be in my near future and I'd love to do business with you again.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
thats cool rick. with something like this our insurance adjuster will investigate. small low price stuff we have our damage clerk that does the inspections and forwards the stuff back to the original shipper. yeah i didnt think you'd be one of those guys that just straps an engine to a weak wooden pallet for transit. good luck

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
What the hell did I need to buy from Buckshot ? ...

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Within the last three years I dealt with Rick several times - he is the most reliable and honest guy. Period.

Rick - how about some powdercoating - would you still do some for me?

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Sorry for your issues. For a second there, I thought you might say I was the bad apple! I know it took a while for me to pay you.

I appreciate your help with my car.

See ad in Classifieds, Price lowered to $8,500. Buy it! 59K Miles, Original Owner, 3 liter built by Buckshot, Headers, HMS trans Subframe Connectors, H&R's, Koni's, Rage 5.0 17's, Pole Position Tires Removed Resonator,KKM Intake,ShoShop Y-Pipe
B
OP Offline
B
Nope Pat, you were very good to work with.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard