Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Which state is this buyer out of?

I'm admitted to the bar in only Oregon and Washington. But if that buyer is from one of these two states, and actually causes trouble for you at your unrelated work over this built block deal, let me know if you want free legal assistance to rip this guy a new one.

If that fine citizen is aware of these boards and this posting, this is my personal invitation for him to join up, send me a PM on how to reach him back, and I can propose a learning opportunity for him.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Yea, and if that does not work I will give him some wall-to-wall councelling...free of charge

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
B
Learned patience the hard way
OP Offline
Learned patience the hard way
B
Hmm, he is from Washington state.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by PDXSVT:

I'm admitted to the bar in only Oregon and Washington. But if that buyer is from one of these two states, and actually causes trouble for you at your unrelated work over this built block deal, let me know if you want free legal assistance to rip this guy a new one.

This is what this board is about, people helping people they have probably never even met, in person, but helping them b/c they have a common bond.

It sucks that 1 bad apple ruins it for everybody else. I have been on this board for quite a while and have seen the Contour community suffer b/c of this. So this is just another example. Too bad it has to be someone I happen to personnaly know.

I have never done personal business with Rick, and just b/c I never planned on doing a 3L, never planned on it. But I know there were hundredds of others that would have loved the oppurtunity to.

I'm sorry to hear this Rick, but I know you still have plenty to do to keep yourself out of trouble!

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Sorry to hear about this Rick. It�s a shame when people don't know how to handle themselves in situations like this.

Trying to put myself in the customer�s shoes though and what they are thinking about... now maybe I shouldn't even go here but I'm thinking out loud...

The customer knew it was shipping late, and when he found out about it said he still wanted it. So that�s fair enough good communication should have been a done deal. But then a twist gets thrown into things... UPS loses the shipment (how? Who the hell knows it�s a freak'n engine). So I guess the question is how long did it take before everyone knew UPS lost it? Because you know, one the guy is probably already a little upset about the shipment being late, but now on top of this his shipment is somewhere in la-la land for all anyone knows. Was he aware of the lost shipment 2 weeks after it was supposed to ship or month or what? So now at this point he�s offered a refund based on a claim status with UPS. This seems quite fair, again good business and customer service. So now goes the claiming process... which apparently took 2 weeks. Now he finds out that UPS magically finds the engine and alas he can have it if he wants it.

So let�s stop here and evaluate things.

The customer has now paid for this engine and has waited...
-Unknown amount of time since original order placed
-6 weeks past promised ship date
-Unknown time for delivery, which eventually gets lost
-2 weeks waiting for UPS claim, which eventually finds engine
Total 2 months plus whatever unknown time is.

So the customer has received pretty good service and communication through out this time from Rick. No fault on his part for sure. But the guy has been out his money waiting for the engine for 2 months or more. I can understand why he would be upset. However he had no right to call Rick on his work phone he should have been dealing with ADC as that is where the order was placed. Although he probably thought that since all his updates were coming from Rick's number at his work that he should probably call that number and complain.

Originally posted by Buckshot77:
What a crock! Sorry guys, but it�s jerks like this that ruin it.

Agreed. The guy should have gone to the source to complain. It really sucks when people don't do these sorts of things constructively and in a reasonable manner. The guy was updated when new information as it became available and in a timely manner. It seems like the problem point was UPS in my opinion.

Again Rick sorry for the mess. I seriously hope you give consideration to keeping your doors open though. You shouldn't throw in the towel because of butt holes like this. Good luck with everything.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Rick,
Like everyone else, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't need a 3L yet (Knock on wood....hard), but I've read lots of your posts/info for when the time comes. I am glad that you'll still be around to help CEG, at least we won't lose all you knowledge because of some jerk. Good luck, and take care.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Rick, sorry to hear about this. Good luck!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
Again Rick sorry for the mess. I seriously hope you give consideration to keeping your doors open though. You shouldn't throw in the towel because of butt holes like this. Good luck with everything.

Amen! You make the final decision, but don't let a punk kid with daddy paying his way stop you from doing what you are good at and what you love.

Just my .02

"Speak English... I am speaking Engrish..." Steve Chang 99 Silver SVT Contour #196 (Garaged) 06 Dark Blue Pearl Fusion SE V6 (Daily) 05 Dark Shadow Grey Freestyle Limited AWD
T
T
There are only a handfull of people who know as much as Rick does. This car community will be loosing a great deal if he no longer fabricates. I truly hope he will re consider, but will truly respect him and his final decision.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard