Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Learned patience the hard way
OP Offline
Learned patience the hard way
B
Hey guys,

It's been a great run for these few years and I've had a lot of fun, but I've decided to quit working on cars and building engines for people other than myself. I had one bad apple spoil my appetite for it so I think I'm calling it a day as it's not worth it at this point.

I'll still have my car and still plan to hang with you guys and answer any questions I can, but I'm not going to deal with people who think they can belittle me and question my ethical standards just because they aren't satisfied with a reasonable solution to an issue.

For those wondering what the issue is, the story is this: I sold a shortblock to a customer through ADC. I got backed up at the time the order was placed and was late in shipping it (about 6 weeks late and I apologized for it). The customer still wanted it at time of shipment. UPS lost the engine in shipment. I filed a claim with UPS and offered the customer a refund based on UPS letting me file a claim. UPS finds the motor 2 weeks later and says claim is on hold now and they are returning the engine block to me to verify if it's still good. I call the customer to tell them that I will ship the engine as soon as it's verified as good or will pay them the claim if it's trashed. Customer begins to belittle me and threatens to call my 8-5 job and/or file complaints with them because of this (he got my work number through caller ID). I don't think he realizes that my regular job has absolutely nothing to do with the engine in question. So basically I'm offering the customer a good product he ordered if the engine is in perfect shape or a refund if UPS pays a claim even though his actual order is with ADC (I'm just trying to be helpful here). He's now decided that he doesn't want the engine even if it's in good shape and since I won't offer him an unconditional refund apparently my ethics and business practices are crap and he's determined that anyone he feels like should know this. My guess is he will go to his credit card, get a reversal and ADC will have a motor for sale if UPS doesn't pay the claim. Anyone have any input on whether or not a credit card company will reverse the charges if the customer is still being offered the product?

What a crock! Sorry guys, but it's jerks like this that ruin it. As an option, if anyone wants an ADC/Buckshot shortblock, this one will most likely be up for sale next week- it's prepped for a hybrid swap and would help whichever of us gets stuck with the bill (ADC or me) by not having to sit on it.

Thanks,
Rick

PS- if anyone has contacted me before today about work or parts, I'll still be taking care of those requests.

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I don't blame you one bit for closing the doors to Buckshot Motorsports. I would have done it long before now.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K

I agree on the whole thing being a crock. Sorry to hear about it Rick. You gotta do what you gotta do, and I guess when the time comes now Ill be doing the 3L on my own.

Anyway, thats sad to hear. I half expected this anyway because of the baby, but alas, its from someone ruining it for the community. Oh well.

Hope everything works out for you.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Im very sorry to hear Rick. Even though I sold my shortblock before even getting it, I was glad and very satisfied with your service. I was recomending you to everyone. Im upset on the fact that someone would be sucha d!ck and ruin it for all of us. However I wish u all the best and hopefully in the future you might re-consider

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Same here, best wishes. Thanks for the services you gave me, your top notch in my book.

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Very sorry to hear this has happened Rick. I know the few products and services that I've purchased from you have been top notch. Glad to hear you'll be staying with CEG. Thank you for all the great information, excellent customer service, and building a superb example what an SVT can become.

Mark

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
thats terrible,def'n a great service provider,loved the optimized tb i bought from you,...and to answer your question,the credit card company prob will go through a investigation,and he'll prob get his money back...pm kokopollean(sp) he was great when i had to deal with my credit card issues,gave me his number and he gave me some great advice,apparnt, its in his line of work..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Rick,

I'm sorry to hear about this, I had hoped to get a Buckshot shortblock next winter for Version 2 of my car. Too bad some jerk had to ruin it for the rest of us.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by NVS SVT:
Too bad some jerk had to ruin it for the rest of us.

Damn true, that has happened way too many times.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Wow..that sucks man.
sucks that some people gotta be like that.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard