Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Sounds like he is looking to put some Brembos on his car.

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
Sounds like he is looking to put some Brembos on his car.

What car? He sold his SVT and bought a motorcycle....

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I didn't know that. I thought the bike was still in impound

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Okay, I've found a reasonable estimate for lasercut. I commissioned a single front and rear to be cut so that I can compare them to the brackets that are already in use. If the fit is good then I can get a batch cut.
It will take 5 days or so to get the new prototypes and then at least another few days for one of the people who did prototype testing to swap them out on their car and compare the fit. If all goes well with the fitment and no changes are needed then we'll run it.
The problem is that I have to run off a large amount in order to bring the costs down. I haven't finalized the costs because I still have to compute final machining cost and find an alternate source for one of the parts. When this is done I will get back on and post a price for the fronts, rears, shipping, and timeframe. At that point if everyone is still interested then I will move it to the group-buy forum. When we get it to the group buy forum it will be up to all of you to help get the Cougar guys in on it and let FCO know as well in order to make it happen.
The only thing I can assure you is that they will be significantly less than the FSVT kit (including you buying your own rotors factored in), and that both the front and rear together (with all estimated costs) it will still pull in less than the FSVT kit by itself.

Its been six months of continuous use on three different SVTs across America. The rear kit has been in use on my old car since September of 2005, and another car since January so we are moving towards the one year mark for reliability testing with them. Although some of you are anxious I encourage you to look at the bright side, in that from both winter into summer with the variety of driving types that those seasons can allow, this hardware has perfromed above expectations. Sometimes waiting is good.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
My set is still holding on strong. I can't believe the additional force this setup adds. I get used to it, then hop in a buddies SVT and the braking is just. wow. its phenomenal what this does to your stopping ability. SO much firmer!

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Thanks VERY much for the time and effort you've put into this. What exactly should we expect to be included in the kit

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I just want to add my comments to Ray's. Now that I'm accostomed to the better brake performance from the bigger rotors, I just can't imagine going back to the original size. The difference is significant.

My subjective opinion is that the braking has improved in the neighborhood of 15% to 20%. I have no test data to support it, just my feeling.

And I only have the fronts. I'm really looking forward to getting the rears done too. I know the rears won't make nearly as much difference, but it will sure look better to have something that isn't as wimpy looking as the stock rears.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Big Jim:
I just want to add my comments to Ray's. Now that I'm accostomed to the better brake performance from the bigger rotors, I just can't imagine going back to the original size. The difference is significant.

My subjective opinion is that the braking has improved in the neighborhood of 15% to 20%. I have no test data to support it, just my feeling.

And I only have the fronts. I'm really looking forward to getting the rears done too. I know the rears won't make nearly as much difference, but it will sure look better to have something that isn't as wimpy looking as the stock rears.

I don't think people fully understand how adding brake power really compliments any car. I know in my SHO, doing the 96 brake up grade, it was the best money I spent on the car. I'm sure the same is for these cars.

Ryan Trollin!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by Big Jim:

I don't think people fully understand how adding brake power really compliments any car. I know in my SHO, doing the 96 brake up grade, it was the best money I spent on the car. I'm sure the same is for these cars.

Brakes is the one area of my cars performance that I have REALLY WANTED to improve, but the acceptable alternatives are so expensive ($1000 or more) that I just work on the other things.

These brackets or the FSVT kit are EXACTLY the thing that will get me to take the plunge. OEM durability parts & good pricing.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I cant wait to pick up a set of these

thank you for everything you do tom, you go above and beyond for us. Make sure you come to spring zing 07, I owe you a drink!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard