Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
The Cougar comes home tomorrow and it needs something to fill up its 17s. Im not going to get to do anything to it for the next five weeks (away for work) but I want to see this happen.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by warmonger:
I've got the adjustments figured out and I just need to get off my butt and go see the fabricator again. It's a ways away for me and I have to get the time during the work day and work week to do it. I'll be getting some morning time soon.

I think its great that you no longer own a Contour but your following through with this anyway. We all appreciate it and I feel like its going to be a great addition. Thanks again.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
warmonger is my hero!

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I've got the adjustments figured out and I just need to get off my butt and go see the fabricator again. It's a ways away for me and I have to get the time during the work day and work week to do it. I'll be getting some morning time soon.

Any further progress as yet? I'm sure the holiday weekend slowed things down a bit, but now that the Dragon Run is over, I ready to get back to modding.

or depending on your perspective...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Any further progress as yet? I'm sure the holiday weekend slowed things down a bit, but now that the Dragon Run is over, I ready to get back to modding.

or depending on your perspective...

YES! I did go and see the gentleman just today in fact, around 2pm. I had to wait till I was working nights again to get down to the city and talk about the changes. I should have word in a couple of days. That's the good news. The bad news is I have to change to a different style cutting machine to improve the tolerances on the parts in order to eliminate the fitment issue variations I faced on the prototype bracketry. This machine costs more to run and of course in order to validate it and the brackets it spits out, I will have to pay up front for a set or two, test them for fitment AGAIN, then if all goes well arrange a large batch and group-buy to distribute the costs. Not perfect or the best answer but give me a few days.

Also, the good news is that both people running sets of front brakes adapter brackets report excellent improvement in braking and so far no issues once they got everything mounted. The hardware so far has proved to be strong enough and well worth the costs. But don't ask me costs right now till after I get this next set made and tested. Then I'll set up a group buy. Don't anyone ask me anything other than "are we there yet? Are we there yet...." until I put out more information. When I'm ready I'll post all the information.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
"are we there yet? Are we there yet...."

Wasn't expecting that from you...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Okay, the preliminary estimate is too high.
The cost to use the waterjet machine and cut these brackets is so high that it wouldn't be cost effective. I need to tighten up the tolerances when they are produced but I need it to be more precise so there is no fitment issues, or minimal issues later.

The first way I built them that they were cut on a plasma machine and then I drilled them. I don't have precision drilling and in order to do that it costs more $. So I'm going to research getting them cut on a plasma then having the holes drilled and tapped at a machine shop afterwards. Still more expensive but maybe cheaper than the waterjet.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Well, after just running my first on-track event on saturday i've decided...i NEED this......

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pole120:
Well, after just running my first on-track event on saturday i've decided...i NEED this......

brakes were a little crappy past 70? heh, yea mine were pretty bad for a while tell the pads started to heat up, But then the pedal started to feel spongy and i knew she needed a break.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Pole120:

Trust me, YOU DO! It takes a bit of work but when all four wheels are fat and happy, the brake bias is preserved like stock and you will have more brake power than you have traction...meaning you will be hitting ABS more often than you ever would have with stock brakes. And that is with wider tires too!

I'll be calling the guy again today.

Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard