Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I hope it will be happening in the not so distant future. I've got a Dragon Run coming up in June & would like the brake upgrade available & on my car in May so I can wear things in properly & put a few miles on the kit before hitting the mountain roads.

Is a timeline or progress update available?

<=== (* sips last drop of scotch, tosses empty bottle into trash can *)

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Within 15 days I pull the trigger on the new brake kit.

FSVT or the new CEGer conversion....

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Talk to Stazi about this if you are still interested. I'm waiting on him to give feedback for the rear kit I sent. I also sent a second front kit out for testing on a stock E0 SVT with stock rims and I'm waiting for the results on that as well. A little more feedback has been necessary to correct some alignment issues on the front kit in that car but still things had been looking good.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Wow, that's a pretty big rotor!
Won't need wheels I guess. LOL

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Todd TCE:

Need all the brakes you can get on the Dragon.

What sold me was the fade resistance reported by Demon. The importance of resisting fade was brought home one day as I was descending from Lookout Mountain in Tennessee. I was driving an '88 Grand Marquis with smoking brakes, red hot rotors and no more stopping power. Made a hard right at an uphill turnoff & got the car stopped at a 300' drop with the guard rail 3 inches from my bumper.

You never really know what is meant by sweatin' bullets until a moment like that.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Thanks for the update War. Im in a soon as the brackets are figured out. This is one thing on the car that we shouldnt rush on the R&D.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Todd TCE:

Yea, lol.
It fills up the stock hardware completely and near stock harware pretty well. After going through the measurements on the FSVT wheels I had it ended up that I couldn't keep those rims and still get one of your nice brake kits unless I ended up with just the similar sized 12" rotors with the high dollar calipers. To me it wasn't worth an extra $1000 over FSVT brakes to keep my current rims and get better brakes. So it was either shell out $1800 to convert over to yours, or this.
So economics took over at that point.
For me to have gotten your larger rotors I'd have had to add another $1000 just for an average set of rims and tires. I admit I wasn't about to put in another $3K to the car when just the FSVT upgrade would suffice as I only needed a moderate increase in breaking performance.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'll be testing out the rear kit this weekend.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
on my car?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Decepticon:
on my car?

No no me! my rear brakes are pissing me the hell off!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard