Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Anyone interested in seeing a whole lotta sideways rock slingin' rallycar action can come out to the Oregon Trail Rally this weekend! Friday night, there are stages at Portland International Raceway, first on the track, then on the gravel infield. Eight bucks to get in (less for kids), cars on display at 3pm, racin' starts at 4 and goes 'til 9! Then, if you still haven't had enough, you can hang around for the Friday Night Drags 'til midnight!

Saturday and Sunday, the action will be in the forests of the coast range west of Portland, and there is no fee to watch! Come see the WRXs, Evos, Audis, 323GTXs and others in their natural habitat! www.oregontrailrally.com for more info, including maps for viewing areas on Sat. and Sun.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
Q
Q
Thanks for the info Marty. I'll try to get out there and watch, sounds like fun!

1999 CSVT (SILVER FROST) Build #1687 of 2760 in Kansas City 3/30/1999,K&N Open air intake,ProGrip Strut tower brace(rear), Pioneer P6800MP, Pioneer 6x8 4-ways, TSWr 17" wheels, Toyo Proxes4
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Holy day's inn, I might come down for that!!

"I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best. We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on we found out he was a bear" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/586498/1
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
So is it possible (time, distance and traffic wise) to hit the drags most of Saturday morning AND then still get over to the woods around Tillamook before all the good rally watching/parking spots are gone on Saturday?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I'm not sure when the last stage starts, but it may be possible to get there. Check the maps they have and see where the latest-starting legs are. I went to PIR and got some photos tonight, but I don't know if I'll be able to post them 'til tomorrow or so.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Okay, here's three quick ones from Sat AM...

I'm going out tomorrow (well, it's today now! argh!) again. Anyway, y'all still have a chance to check it out!

Marty

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard