Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#1553744 04/20/06 03:58 AM
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
Just had my poly mount installed today. Let me tell ya, the engine is SO stiff I can feel the vibrations of the engine clear through the steering wheel.

I love it! Better cornering, no wheel hop, and NO oversteer! I'm willing to bet that this is the most worthwhile modification I've done to my car so far. Not to mention, I don't rock back and forth every time I shift into the next gear, and my engine doesn't slam when I hit a lower gear.

I just want to thank Josh for the swift exchange, and recommend everybody buy at least 12.

Oh yeah! I will have my core mailed back to you in a few days as well. Once again, I appreciate it.

'98 CSVT Black -AEM short-ram intake -Optimized TB -Optimized y-pipe -Magnaflow cat-back -B&M short-throw shifter -UD pulleys -Poly mount "It's quicker than it was stock!"
#1553745 04/20/06 04:52 AM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Your post makes little sense to me. That thing did not cure oversteer and better cornering...huh?!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1553746 04/20/06 05:35 AM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I hate mine..I want them out ASAP..

#1553747 04/20/06 05:58 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Im with you Ike, I still think its the best thing Ive done. I drive up and down alot of hills and I used to hate driving up a hill and having my engine shake. Now its virtually gone. I am actually gonna try and pick up that street link in the classifieds.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
#1553748 04/20/06 06:02 AM
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
So this thing actually takes away some of the motion between gears. Please elaborate!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
#1553749 04/20/06 12:07 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Ike:
Just had my poly mount installed today. Let me tell ya, the engine is SO stiff I can feel the vibrations of the engine clear through the steering wheel.

Mine got better with time, but the NVH is still serious.

Quote:

I love it! Better cornering, no wheel hop, and NO oversteer!

You'd better be kidding.

Quote:

I'm willing to bet that this is the most worthwhile modification I've done to my car so far.

You realize that you would have gotten most of the good and none of the NVH with a stock piece, right?

I'm not bashing the roll resistor: it's a nice mod that really helps with launch, but it has a high NVH cost, and doesn't do anything to cornering.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
#1553750 04/20/06 12:29 PM
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Rickson:
So this thing actually takes away some of the motion between gears. Please elaborate!!

When I used to shift, my engine would shake in the low rpms. In another example, let's say I am cruising at 5-10 mphs in first gear and I let my foot off the gas. My car used to jerk abruptly and violently. Now it smoothly revs down without the harsh movement. And how can it be so hard to understand that it takes turns so much smoother? I thought it was a given.

When I would come around a turn and hit a small bump my wheel would hop off the ground and land back on the pavement at a slightly different angle causing my car to kick a different direction a little bit. Also, my steering wheel would shake. Now, my steering wheel doesn't shake and my car is much tighter around the bends.

I'm sorry, was I just making this sh*t up? Highly doubt it. To summarize AGAIN, great modification. If you want your mount out, take the thing out. In my case, I love it!

'98 CSVT Black -AEM short-ram intake -Optimized TB -Optimized y-pipe -Magnaflow cat-back -B&M short-throw shifter -UD pulleys -Poly mount "It's quicker than it was stock!"
#1553751 04/20/06 12:34 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J

Talked me out of it (not that I needed convincing).

I love it! Better cornering, no wheel hop, and NO oversteer!

Better Cornering!?!

I'm willing to bet that this is the most worthwhile modification I've done to my car so far.

Well "I'm willing to bet" your stock mounts were completely worn out. I think there are only a small number of owners on the radical fringe who would benefit from this mod - and they probably don't use their car for daily transportation. NO WAY would I accept the NVH problems this causes on a daily driver. If you could drive your car with new factory mounts, you would certainly prefer it.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
#1553752 04/20/06 12:35 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
The problem is that you don't seem to realize the difference between a modification and a repair. If your car's rubber bits were so shot that the engine and tranny were falling out of the car, then of course it'll drive like crap. But the poly mount doesn't have any advantage over a rubber one in those areas.

That's like saying that your new Stazi kit brakes are just incredible because your old brakes were so worn that you were rubbing the backing plate on the vanes of the rotor.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
#1553753 04/20/06 12:52 PM
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
Ok, then that is probably the problem then. Because BOTH my roll resistors were COMPLETELY shot. So I'm going from having no support, to having support again. I'm just thrilled my car finally has stability, without understanding that getting new stock mounts will give the same effect. I'm just going off my experience. Oh yeah, and I don't mind the NVH, in fact, I kind of like it.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard