Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I ended up taking my car into Modular Madness for my final tuning. Since they've been sooooo swamped, I wasn't able to rent any time.... but they would take it in if they tuned it.

I got a call this afternoon to let me know that at 10 psi, my car was hitting 350HP/360TQ with only 10* total spark on 91 octane. Tomorrow Heath will be getting the spark to 17-20* and running it up to 12 psi for the street tune. My "race" tune(coughdynoqueentunecough) will run up to 14 psi and more timing for the 103 octane.

Proof will be in-hand tomorrow

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Oh baby! What was used for tuning!? Xcal with PRP!?

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Close, I have the Raptor datalogger and chip burner version of the PRP.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
I ended up taking my car into Modular Madness for my final tuning. Since they've been sooooo swamped, I wasn't able to rent any time.... but they would take it in if they tuned it.

I got a call this afternoon to let me know that at 10 psi, my car was hitting 350HP/360TQ with only 10* total spark on 91 octane. Tomorrow Heath will be getting the spark to 17-20* and running it up to 12 psi for the street tune. My "race" tune(coughdynoqueentunecough) will run up to 14 psi and more timing for the 103 octane.

couldn't hold out could ya?lol

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:

So this is similar to my engine right, other than your pistons? I'm asking because I know you are on stock rods and I was essentially hitting the same horsepower at the same boost levels.

it is so awesome to have confirmation and see good power numbers at relatively safe boost levels....on stock blocks.
<doing the I told 'em So dance> .... <with money still in the pocket>

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
For the record, Heath is the guy that managed 230whp on a 5 cylinder 2.5L Duratec ... sign of a great tuner if you ask me

BTW, The engine was blown when he got to it (I repeat, he had nothing to do with blowing the engine). The previous owner taked him into a tune just to get it running so it didn't show up DOA at my house.

Good luck with the tune!

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Heath will be doing mine as well...I hope to get it it for a base tune early next week.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
War,
I do have a fair bit of head work, no secondaries, 3L UIM, etc. But they're about the same more or less. Note we're hitting about 70 F in SLC, which is about where you were at months ago with you last tune. I'll get some different dyno runs from more popular vehicles like Terminators or Lightnings for reference sake to show if this Mustang dyno is a ringer or not
Either way, yes this is a route more should follow rather than pay out the nose for the Uber turbo kit from ADC.... IMO. Luckily you showed CEG and other sites a good path I still want the title for stock internal DIY'er

Originally posted by fastcougar:
For the record, Heath is the guy that managed 230whp on a 5 cylinder 2.5L Duratec ... sign of a great tuner if you ask me

BTW, The engine was blown when he got to it (I repeat, he had nothing to do with blowing the engine). The previous owner taked him into a tune just to get it running so it didn't show up DOA at my house.

Good luck with the tune!

Thanks! Heath is a very dedicated guy, I'd gladly have him tool around with my car.... and that says something! He's the only person other than myself that has driven my car to date

Like Stilov said, he's taking his car into Heath to get his car tuned @ 3.5psi (should be the same as me, since we have the same IC) and on the same dyno. So here we have 2 DIY'er turbo guys with somewhat different setups that will be running the same amount of boost and on the same dyno.
Basic similarities:
Tumble port 3L
Aluminum 3L UIM
Same turbo IIRC
Same IC system for the most part

Basic Differences:
He has forged pistons, I have SP hyp. pistons
He has secondaries, I do not
He has 3L cams, I have SVT's

I'll leave it at that, and let the comparison take place when the time comes.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Excellent! You've really done A LOT with that car and it's easy to tell you have the patience to pay attention to detail. It's really paying off.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The sad part is that it has '03 tags on it Needless to say, it was down for a bit and I had time to do what I wanted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard