Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Oh boy.. You're turning into the "that guy" of CEG.

Mark

what, you didn't see it comming?

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Common now. I saw alot of doubt from people and the more I thought about it the more sense it made to just do a old car up and make the contour a bit faster with the general mods. Now I am wishing I would have kept my mouth shut lol. Oh well Who knows it still may happen though.

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ellmers95:
Common now. I saw alot of doubt from people and the more I thought about it the more sense it made to just do a old car up and make the contour a bit faster with the general mods. Now I am wishing I would have kept my mouth shut lol. Oh well Who knows it still may happen though.

the reason you saw a lot of doubt is because everyone but you knew you weren't going to do it.

you're not the first person to come on here and make big claims and not follow through.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
My $0.02c:

There's a post like this every 6 months or so, so you're not a pioneer in your thinking, neother will you garner any "'attaboys" from many people.

My recommendation for you AND anyone else dreaming up this old and beat-up idea is this: STFU and say nothing!

It's better to deliver the finished product with the surprise and praise from your peers than come across like another dumbass bigmouth newbie with a hairbrain scheme that will most likely never come to fruition.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Stazi:
fruition

+10 points for using the word fruition

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Wow and you guys earn respect for this kinda attitude?? Dam. I thought this was a car related enthusiast club not a lets bash the newbies for opening their mind up club. How am I suppose to know if its been thought up or not?? I am not in here THAT much on a daily basis to know how many times its been brought up. Yeah I know maybe I should have kept the mouth shut until I knew more of it. Like I said it still may get done it just depends. geez not much respect for other car clubers. Man I should have stayed with the old cars at least their was respect in those clubs.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Dude, it's called the search funciton and aside from that you're al over the joint with your thoughts - doesn't exactly assert our confidence in your plans.

All I said was that with crazy ideas like these you're best off doing rather than saying - you don't need to be "that guy".

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Got ya. I took it wrong from the way you came off the first time around. No I do not intend to be THAT GUY. I made a bad move by speaking before it was confirmed. I will addmit to that. I will not rule it out yet though I am just deciding and planning it out and seeing what it takes and what I can do yet. It will take time no matter what as there is ALOT of things to considr when doing this. Chassis work, safety, geometry, etc lots of planning and thought involved. The only other thing that is gonna put a hault on thing is if I lose the old lady and go through a divorce which is looking like it may acyually happen. No way do I want to be "that guy"

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Lengthy 5.0 thread

V8 / RWD thread

Smallblock / RWD thread

Lot's of info in those threads. Maybe you will make it happen.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Thanks GTOPete, That may help me out and make the decision for good. I have always wanted to do something like this and this car would be the least suspected car to be on the road with a v8 lurking under the hood. I will read it all tonight when I get home from work as I really would not mind doing this. Heck I could get this dione then go get my classic mustang lol. Have two toys.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard