Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
LOL I see why you can say that BUT I reassure you it will get done no matter how long it takes. This has been my dream and I am gonna do it. But like I said I can see your guys point lol.

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
I like how this is posted in the General Mods...

Can we convice the powers that be to create a 5.0 forum to complement the 3.0 forum?

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by ellmers95:
Well I decided on two engine choices and that is depending on the room I have and how this are going to fit. With a car that is under 3,000lbs it is not gonna take much to make it go. A 5.0 is my first priority though for the engine choice. BUT I am not afraind to swap in a 3.8 SC out of a thunderbird or couger that got them. Yes my work is cut out for me but this has been a dream for a long time and I am gonna full fill this dream not matter what. Not even the old lady is taking this one from me.

Please don't ruin the car with that 3.8! If youre gonna go with a V6 then use 3L turbo or just stick to the 5.0

Metallic Steel Blue 99 SE Sport ATX college= few mods Infinity Kappas just added I have no secondaries! SELL ME YOUR WORKING IMRC box!!!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
If you are going to run a 5.0 at least make it a stroker. That would be nice

2000 svt contour 1996 oldsmobile eighty-eight
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Beat ya to it. I am planning on a 347 stroker from a 5.0 I am not gonna get a weak motor for this job. Its gonna go!!! I plan on running the 1320 with it when its done and drive it home afterwards lol. WILL BE a street strip car!!

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
I like how this is posted in the General Mods...

Doesn't really fall under Duratec Performance.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Saw a late model Mustang at the track yesterday... 5.0L block, I dnk if it was stroked, but with the twin turbos on it, it was running in the 9s.

Check out the gasser and altered classes at the drags and this idea is not more outrageous than all those other wild race vehicles. And you'd be much more aerodynamic than something with a 63 Impala body.

By the time you'd be done with a V8 Contour rwd 1320 blaster, wouldn't it look a little bit like a poor man's version of a rwd Nascar Fusion?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i've never fully understood the idea of these kinds of conversions. i can see using small cars like foci or geo's, but it's not like the tour is a lightweight car to begin with. are you that in love with the looks of this car to the point of doing all this just to make it fast?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
LOL I am more in love with the idea of having something that someone else does not have. I dont like to be like everyone else. BUT I am kinda sorta having second thoughts and may just do a 3.0 swap. The only reason on the thoughts is because I got a ride in a 72 Nova drag car yest and absolutely loved ity and I may use the money and get a 67 Mustang instead to go up against my friends car for friendly compitition. I will let you guys know for sure what I do.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Oh boy.. You're turning into the "that guy" of CEG.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard