Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Just strengthen a contour body and then cut it off and graft it onto a fox, that would probably end up being easier!

Check the SN65 thread in SVTP where they grafted a 65 shell onto an 03/04 cobra 'frame'

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Good luck, I guess.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Matt R:
Good luck, I guess.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
LOL you guys are funny. And yes I have thought about doing that as well since there are so many fox body mustngs around. I just need to find away to life the body up to swap chassis's around thats all.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
On sports car revolution shawn hyland is making a rear drive v8 focus. Looks like lots of work and big money. tons of custom brackets, etc. They had to cut out the floor to install a tranny tunnel and rework the fire wall. I'm not saying it can't be done but the average person may find this a huge challenge, consider how many years he has been working on custom race cars.

I wish you luck on your project. Making it road worthy and safe is going to be the biggest issue.

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ellmers95:
LOL you guys are funny. And yes I have thought about doing that as well since there are so many fox body mustngs around. I just need to find away to life the body up to swap chassis's around thats all.

If you know how to weld, you can stick a V-8 in just about anything.

Granted, you might have less interior room when you're done, but who cares? Spare tire well? Who needs it? Fuel tank? Gone! (Replace with fuel cell.)

I've seen a lot of wicked engine swaps that I never could have imagined. Nevermind the bollocks. I hope you are serious and I wish you the best of luck. I look forward to pictures.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Serious indeed. I have it all planned out and I have myself and a couple of buddies that know how to weld PLUS a cousing who builds roll cages for his race car so I am not too worries at all about making it work. My ideas are comming togeather and being narrowed down to how I am gonna approach it. The car itself is getting stripped down right now and will have nothing left under it in a few weeks lol. Now I gotta find a place to keep the spare parts for my mercury mystique lol. Fuel cell YUP, less interior?? maybe not, tight engine compartment most likely BUT its all in the fun and part of the game!!! I hope to tear up the 1320 when I am done with it. Show those ricers what NEW american muscle really is lol.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
Just strengthen a contour body and then cut it off and graft it onto a fox, that would probably end up being easier!

Check the SN65 thread in SVTP where they grafted a 65 shell onto an 03/04 cobra 'frame'

Thats what I would do.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm good luck!

Post pics!!!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Good luck! I would like to see it happen, even though I'm nervous that you will run into MANY problems.

Keep us updated, and document it all the way with photos.

Good luck !

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Well it just wouldnt be working on cars if there was no problems that developed along the way lol. That would break Murphy's law. I expect problems to come up, I do plan on documenting this project as best as I can as I will want it for myself as well. Thanks for the luck as well.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard