Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Ok guys laugh if you want. I am about to start doing the most challenging thing I ever dreamed of doing. I am gonna take my 95 Contour and make it into a rear wheel drive car with a 5.0 under the hood and keep it as stock looking as possible. I have alot of work ahead of me and will be taking pics of the project as I go along in it. I have the big game plan made out and have ideas to what I am gonna start doing to achieve this. I do wonder however what I am getting myself into doing this lol BUT what the h*ll right? If it works out as planned I will have a car that looks stock but will take on almost anything thrown at it and ask for seconds. It will be a street strip car! No it will not have a tubbed out rear end and have monster slicks, but I will be able to fit the pro 10.5 slick on her when I do race it. Look forward to pics hopefully in the next few months as I start into this big long time consumming project.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I hope you have a lot of money. Good luck.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Pete 6.0:
I hope you have a lot of money. Good luck.

agreed. and you'll end up with a car worth 20% of what you put into it.

but, whatever blows your skirt up!

good luck!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Congrats, i'm excited for you. Get ready for some hellacious comments.

E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Oh I am sure I will get degraded by alot of people for doing it. I am not looking to get into a magazine or to sell for money. This is all for me and my personal interest. Also to have a dam good time driving it when it is done. It WILL NOT look like a ricer in any way. It is gonna retain the contour image in every way and will look like its a stock Contour except for the wheels being after market and maybe a SVT body kit. The only real differenc will be under the hood and car itself. I cannot wait till its done! I have alot of beer drinking and cussin and bleeding to be doing soon lol.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'll sell you an SVT body kit...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
whats your plans with the steering rack?

E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
I have one of two options. Try to retain what I have ( which I do not think will wrok since its so low.) Or try to fab one frmo a fox body mustang. I have another idea for the front end as well but need to measure some thing out as well. I am thinking about ordering the fox body front clip aftermarket that they sell fro street rods and fabing that into the car as well. That would solve all my issues.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Oh and good luck.

E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
The project is just at the begining point of stripping the car down as of now. I will take before pics. I will be taking pics as I go and posting then as I go. It will be a few years before its done but in the long run it will be finish and running and FAST!! I have two engine choices I am looking at and that depends on how much room I have. It will be fun indeed. Lots of cutting, welding, swearing, beer, late nights, and sleeping on the couch lol.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard