Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I used the SVT lower intake gasket as a rough template. I removed the tabs on the bottom of the gasket to allow a flush fit. Now since I had to cut the two postion tabs off how will it center when putting them on. Now after porting the the cylinder to match I noticed that the SVT gasket where the splt starts is narrower than the height of the oval port. thereefore the port will not be able to seal since the gasket two peaks will be of the surface. In order for the gasket to make a complete seal I would have to build the opposite side's edge of the the old injector hole to ensure a seal. Has anyone noticed this problem. Or did ya'll use a different gasket?
notice the two points they are too close and the opening is too big <help

Last edited by BurritaSVT; 04/19/06 05:16 AM.

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I have the same question, as well.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by muntus:
I have the same question, as well.

Now I have that question too

3L process done
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Is this a joke? I mean...maybe I'm reading something wrong, but are you saying how will you get a seal when the 3l ports arent "in" enough to match up to the 2.5 lim gasket? If thats your question, you need to do a hell of a lot more searching. NEVERTHELESS I'll answer it anyways. You need to have aluminum welded/built up in the old injector spots as well as a little across from it. You can also use jb weld or similar to fill the spaces. This has what ALWAYS has been done with using 3l heads and 2.5 intakes. Then you have to make sure it is level with the rest of the surface, and then you will have a perfect sealing surface.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I always have more aluminum welded on the ports to make sure those points seal correctly. You can't just fill the injector spot flush you need to have a bit more and you need to put a little bit on the opposite side so it seals correctly. As far as centering the gasket I don't cut the tabs off I drilled holes for the tabs so it worked like stock.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
First off thanks you answered my question before I was going to do it. But after reading months of post on this subject noone had ever mentioned building up the opposite side of the hole too. I searched for two hours on here and NECO for someone to actually to hear someone quote "oh you need to weld the other side to get a sealing surface" but all everyone talked about was the injector channel. I was going to build it up no matter what since I want to ensure my seal being I will be running high boost but I was just making sure someone didn't have an easier method.

And no question is a JOKE postman especially when I have over 20k on mods on my car. If you find a post on the search section I will apologize to you but for now keep your bitterness to yourself I am far from a newbie.

sorry guys who are reading this is not towards ya'll I get a little peedoo when someone cuts someone down people for no reason.

Well I have some serious porting to do so thanks again hope to fire the beast up in a month.........

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by BurritaSVT:
First off thanks you answered my question before I was going to do it. But after reading months of post on this subject noone had ever mentioned building up the opposite side of the hole too. I searched for two hours on here and NECO for someone to actually to hear someone quote "oh you need to weld the other side to get a sealing surface" but all everyone talked about was the injector channel. I was going to build it up no matter what since I want to ensure my seal being I will be running high boost but I was just making sure someone didn't have an easier method.

And no question is a JOKE postman especially when I have over 20k on mods on my car. If you find a post on the search section I will apologize to you but for now keep your bitterness to yourself I am far from a newbie.

sorry guys who are reading this is not towards ya'll I get a little peedoo when someone cuts someone down people for no reason.

Well I have some serious porting to do so thanks again hope to fire the beast up in a month.........

Demon's website mentions the welding of the cneter injector port!

All you really need is his website and you should be set to do a complete 3L build up!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
While welding of the "top" of the chamber will help sealing, it's by no means necessary. If you decide to go the non-welding route (filler instead, i.e.: JBWeld, QuickSteel, etc.), I have yet to hear of anyone having sealing problems with the top of the chamber.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by fastcougar:
While welding of the "top" of the chamber will help sealing, it's by no means necessary. If you decide to go the non-welding route (filler instead, i.e.: JBWeld, QuickSteel, etc.), I have yet to hear of anyone having sealing problems with the top of the chamber.

Do you mean you have yet to hear of anyone having sealing problems with the top of the chamber when they don't fill it in?

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
correct!

i.e.:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard