Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
alright well my heads are on and the lower engine mount is not....is there a way to grind down the mount to fit between the heads or do the heads have to come off?!

i remember stazi making a post of using the couger mount but i got a quote from ford for $160... and then doing about 45 minutes of grinding .could go to the junk yard again but i would like some input...please

this was not my doing but i am now woring on the car my self...

Last edited by svtProdigy; 04/19/06 12:24 AM.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
alright well my heads are on and the lower engine mount is not....is there a way to grind down the mount to fit between the heads or do the heads have to come off?!

i remember stazi making a post of using the couger mount but i got a quote from ford for $160... and then doing about 45 minutes of grinding .could go to the junk yard again but i would like some input...please

45 min to an hour of grinding. Just look at it and grind, then look again, grind, etc etc.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
i don't have a couger mount though... i have a contour one and was curious if anyone has done it with a contour not couger like stazi has talked about grinding.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
i don't have a couger mount though... i have a contour one and was curious if anyone has done it with a contour not couger like stazi has talked about grinding.

I did it with a contour mount, the cougar has a little bit less material to grind down. But literally, I do not recall exactly how it looked when it was done. Just do it!

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

I've got a brand new cougar mount if interested

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by mapoftazifoshoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

I did it with a contour mount, the cougar has a little bit less material to grind down. But literally, I do not recall exactly how it looked when it was done. Just do it!

did you have to grind off anything off the head? and did you grind any bolt holes off?

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by mapoftazifoshoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

did you have to grind off anything off the head? and did you grind any bolt holes off?

IIRC I DID have to get a non-ferrous bit and take a smiggen off the left head (if you are looking at the motor from the timing cover side)

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
yeah i saw that...just didn't think it was enough...i though i might have problems on the righ side...

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Way to read the fuggin stickies.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=3L&Number=740593&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

2nd up from bottom. And also in the top sticky. You need 2 long bolts and 2 short bolts. Contour mount will not bolt to the 3L block. Different bolt size. Cougar mount is $32 from Jenkins.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:
Way to read the fuggin stickies.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=3L&Number=740593&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1

2nd up from bottom. And also in the top sticky. You need 2 long bolts and 2 short bolts. Contour mount will not bolt to the 3L block. Different bolt size. Cougar mount is $32 from Jenkins.

OMG I overlooked something....?!?! That sucks...so technically ALL 3L's in tour Have to have the 01+ Cougar mount...

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard