Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Being a cheap bastard, I decided to find a way to avoid paying $105-130 for a stupid switch for my Greddy Profec B boost controller.

All you need is...
1) 1/8" STEREO (not mono!) plug (RadioShack P/N- 274-284 but there are gold plated versions that aren't that much more)
2) A momentary switch that is normally "open" (Radio Shack P/N- 275-646 for example)

If you look at the stereo plug, you'll notice the shaft has 3 sections. The tip section is for the signal, the center section is not used (GReddy uses this section to power their wireless switch, but we don't need this.) and the section on the base is the ground.

There are 3 tabs in the radio shack plugs innards, 2 small tabs and one large. The large is for the ground and the center tab (the smallest of the two small tabs...) is for the signal wire. Solder a proper length wire to each tab, and run each wire to it's own tab on the momentary switch. It doesn't matter what order/side you wire it up.

Now you can switch bewteen high or low boost for about $7 rather than over $100 I am going to try to find a nice looking/feeling shifter knob with a momentary switch for an easy to use button

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by TC'd Swazo:
I am going to try to find a nice looking/feeling shifter knob with a momentary switch for an easy to use button

If you don't mind losing your airbag, I know where you can buy a pimpy Sparco race steering wheel w/ two momentary buttons on it . . .

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Good job. The markup is awefull on GReddy small parts, but at least the product is good quality stuff.
Now I'm looking for those really cool track times from you with a dual stage controller.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Being a cheap bastard, I decided to find a way to avoid paying $105-130 for a stupid switch for my Greddy Profec B boost controller.

All you need is...
1) 1/8" STEREO (not mono!) plug (RadioShack P/N- 274-284 but there are gold plated versions that aren't that much more)
2) A momentary switch that is normally "open" (Radio Shack P/N- 275-646 for example)

If you look at the stereo plug, you'll notice the shaft has 3 sections. The tip section is for the signal, the center section is not used (GReddy uses this section to power their wireless switch, but we don't need this.) and the section on the base is the ground.

There are 3 tabs in the radio shack plugs innards, 2 small tabs and one large. The large is for the ground and the center tab (the smallest of the two small tabs...) is for the signal wire. Solder a proper length wire to each tab, and run each wire to it's own tab on the momentary switch. It doesn't matter what order/side you wire it up.

Now you can switch bewteen high or low boost for about $7 rather than over $100 I am going to try to find a nice looking/feeling shifter knob with a momentary switch for an easy to use button

Good job!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Originally posted by Rara:
I am going to try to find a nice looking/feeling shifter knob with a momentary switch for an easy to use button

If you don't mind losing your airbag, I know where you can buy a pimpy Sparco race steering wheel w/ two momentary buttons on it . . .

Will this fit...say a WRX?

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Why be saddled with a mere 2 boost settings when you can have a seperate boost map for 5 gears

TurboXS DTEC BC-Pro

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Dr. Frankenbarge:
Why be saddled with a mere 2 boost settings when you can have a seperate boost map for 5 gears

TurboXS DTEC BC-Pro

Because, he's a "cheap bastard" and the thing cost $550 and requires that you have a GameBoy (more money).

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I traded my useless (to me atleast) S-AFCII to get this Profec B from Keyser's buddy. I'm trying to see how well this works for a turbo Contour. In theory, it should be about perfect to run 3.5psi in 1st-2nd and then jump to 12psi with a slow gain in 3rd gear on. If it works well enough, then great.... I've barely put much money into it.

New dyno run(s) by the end of the week

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'm that "buddy" you speak of! Good luck with that thing.

Greg

2000 Silver Turbo CSVT (((FOR SALE, PM me! $12K))) 1999 Vibrant White Cougar

Link Copied to Clipboard