Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
My injector harness is damaged somewhere giving me IMRC problems. I still have to trace it back to which actual wire is shot.

Dealer wants $700 for the harness.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
First of all, it is a Customer Satisfaction Extended Warranty. It is not a safety recall. It is also very specific. If you are covered, it will be noted in Ford's OASIS computer system (and the owner of record when the letters went out would have been sent a letter to that effect). We have a link to the Owner Notification Program letter.

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/recall/99M03/

Last edited by Tony2005; 04/17/06 05:40 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
That's a problem with some of the '98s. It seems like Ford still had some of the older harnesses in the parts pipeline and they made it into the '98s, but because of how the recall is written, only '95s through '97s are covered.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Y
Yoyi Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Yes...Yes...I know....but I have found that one dealer that doesn't always read the fine print in a past ocasion. It would be good reading as to the reason why Ford stoped at 97' if the problem is apperent in newer models....yes, money of course....why why issue the recall in the first place then? I bought an extended warrenty when I bought it used "not from the dealer" I used it when my water pump went out on me...haven't applied it to this problem and I'm not optimistic but its worth looking in to.

98' Contour SVT 96,000 odo
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Yoyi:
Yes...Yes...I know....but I have found that one dealer that doesn't always read the fine print in a past ocasion. It would be good reading as to the reason why Ford stoped at 97' if the problem is apperent in newer models....

If you read the post above yours, Jeb explained that the recall affected ALL pre-98s, but not all 98s. Only some of the older harnesses made it into the 98s so there was no need to recall all the 98s.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Some 96's didn't even make it. I know mine didn't.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Yoyi Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Hmmmm....Customer Satisfaction Extended Warranty.....so no one had to die in a horrific car fire to isue the recall......so its not a safety recall and yet they were willing to issue the recall anyway....why?....lets face it, it's not exactly cheap for Ford to pay for the replacement of the harness....yes...interesting indead.

98' Contour SVT 96,000 odo
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by T-o double dizzo:
Some 96's didn't even make it. I know mine didn't.

How'd THAT work? The warranty seemed pretty well all-encompassing, at least if you could visually spot the trouble wiring. I practically dragged my service writer under the hood of my '95 when he gave me the "well, we'll have to diagnose it first and if it doesn't qualify, you'll have to pay for the diagnosis". When you hold the warranty document with the visual ID diagram in one hand and a freakin' pointer in the other and go "Here's some, here's some, here's some" as you point to bare wires, they don't have much to use against you.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure that if you don't have visible problems, you'll get the stiff-arm. At least I know that my fan harness was already done. My injector harness has a few cracks, but I'm waiting to see some more before I try getting my '97 in.

But I do think it's lousy that some '98s are out there with the same problem.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by T-o double dizzo:
Originally posted by svttour:
Ive got a wiring harness minus the injector harness I can let go for the price you will find at a yard sale PM me. its from a 99 CSVT.

And that would be wired for a returnless car.

is his 98 returnless because this harness is from a return style car.

99 T-RED 3L SVT Apillar Guages How-To 3L 98 CSVT SF/MB 4 SALE 7500 obo pm me
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
I am the original owner of a 95 SE, and I never received this letter, so some must be exempt. I have not had any problems with this, but I'll do a visual to check.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard