Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I just recently a SVT tb on my SE and I ended up getting a code P1120, tps sensor voltage to low, it turns out that I had a SE tps and not a SVT one. Also I have read alot that people have been having trouble getting the correct tps.

Here is a SE throttle body with out the tps

The SE tb turns clockwise where the SVT tb turns counterclockwise as viewed from the front of the vehicle. The SVT tb will look somewhat similar.

When purchacing a tps it is a good idea to check the direction that the sensor turns. As I noted before the SE tb turns clockwise and the SVT tb turns counterclockwise. When you view the tps you will be looking at the opposite side of the sensor then you would see as it is installed on the vehicle.

When you purchase a tps for a SE the tps needs to turn counterclockwise and the SVT tps needs to turn clockwise, remember this is 180 degrees from how it is viewed on the car, reference this photo.

what also needs to be know is that the tps does not drop right onto the tb, it needs to be loaded, ie the sensor needs to be slightly turned when teh tb is closed. The sensor reads from about 0.1 volts to 1 volts for closed to open positions. The following photos show how the tps should be installed on a SE tb, if you don't install it correctly you will break the sensor.

now turn the sensor so that the mounting holes line up and bolt it down, you need to turn the sensor counterclockwise

The SVT tps is installed the same way but the sensor needs to be offset upwards and then rotated clockwise to be mounted.

hope that helps some people that have getten the wrong sensor or have had trouble installing a tps

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
great help Brian! i'll see if it works on mine right now! thanks a bunch!

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Brian by any chance you have the part numbers for both SVT TPS and SE TPS? Im pretty sure I have a SE TPS now that im comapring mine to the pictured TPS above..

B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
SE tps Ford part number: F5RZ-9B989-BA

not sure on teh SVT one, but check the direction that it turns to make sure you have the right one

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by BrApple:

not sure on teh SVT one, but check the direction that it turns to make sure you have the right one

this is weird though cause they dont have a seperate SVT tps listed anywhere..

plus the number circled below is whats exactly written on my new TPS which im pretty sure is broken..

B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
Originally posted by BrApple:

this is weird though cause they dont have a seperate SVT tps listed anywhere..

plus the number circled below is whats exactly written on my new TPS which im pretty sure is broken..

can't see the image at work but as I recal from my order the part number called up a ranger, have to figure that the part is used in more then one Ford, also my local auto parts store had a separate listing for the standard tps and the SVT one

just check the direction it turns as I indicated in the one photo and you should be good to go, also remember the SVT tps needs to be clocked in the oposite direction then in the photo above

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Goonz, that is the SVT TPS. I just replaced mine on my 65mm T/B, and that was the same part # I ordered.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
how can that be the SVT TPS if brian just showed that it was the SE TPS?
if goonz had a brand new one for an SE and put it on an SVT it would break as soon as you opened the throttle.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
but i also just noticed that the TPS brian shows is an F5RF and he lists a part number of F5RZ.

so maybe the F5RF is the SE and the F5RZ is the SVT?

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
or....maybe he just made a typo.
and the actual difference is the SVT ends in BA and the SE ends in BB?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard