Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I finally got in my new tranny. I decided to pick it up from SPM. Terry said they had one taken apart in their shop and said it was a good tranny, so I was like what the heck I will give it a try. My old tranny went out due to a broken motor mount that I had no idea about. The mount that is on top of the tranny was broke. The bolt was just broke right in half. Anyway i took it to the track and had massive wheel hop. It broke the part in the diff where the splines hold in the axel. But i thought i would share a couple of pics of the tranny tear out. Cost me more then i thought it was going to be, we kept finding little things that needed to be replaced. Like, speed sensor, new wiring harness for new backup light switch, bolt for broke motor mount, and other misc. things. I can not figure out what shift tower i have now. it is not the same tower as the stock one. i searched around a lot but can not figure out if it is a cougar or focus tower. What are the benefits of the focus tower anyway? Also added a Spec Stage 1, along with the honey fluid, and some poly mounts. i have not posted that much at all, i am more of a reader, but i will post a pic of my car that way you all can see her. oh and BTW a tranny swap if not fun at all. I would not recommend it without access to a lift and some well knowledge friends. Dont know what I would have done without discounts on my parts since I would at a local shop, or without shane. Can you belive that, Shane the local honda guy at the shop, helped me fix my ford. LMFAO!! Thanks Shane!! Thanks for the feedback.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And yes lthat is my friends Reline in the back. That thing has been in the shop more then he has been able to drive it.

Here is the mount that the bolt broke in. It was the bolt that went into the bottom of the mount. Those would not have been sodas with we where not at work.

Speed sensor was a pain in the ass to get. Ford did not even know what we were talking about.

98 Black Contour SVT Bought 7/7/05 #1837 of 6535 Bat Euro-spec Tranny(3.82 FD) -- Spec Stage 1 -- 17" on 215/45/17 -- Short Shifter -- AEM Intake -- Polyurethane Bushings And Inserts 96 contour SE died, using for parts or to sell.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Cool project. I like how you had the lift. I think since you had that out you should of thrown in an LSD.

3L process done
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by bradSVT:
Cool project. I like how you had the lift. I think since you had that out you should of thrown in an LSD.

He has an HMS trans...it has an LSD.

Anywho, you had some ideal circumstances! BTW that is the focus shift tower!

I have the same one!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I think that is the Cougar shift tower. The Focus and Cougar shift towers are the same except for the pins that the cable ends attach to. I don't think you could have used your original cable ends with the Focus shift tower. If anyone has seen both the Cougar and Focus shift towers, please step in and either confirm or disagree.

Excellent photos by the way.

Does your friend with the hoist need more friends?

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by bradSVT:
Cool project. I like how you had the lift.

Fixed

3L process done
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Blk98SVTeam:
I would not recommend it without access to a lift and some well knowledge friends.

BS. Anywho trans looks good.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard