CEG\'er
S
This is going to be interesting. I can't wait to see the results

"Sound Quality Loud" SVT 1998.5 Silver CSVT
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
sorry man...but i want nothing to do with waxing of against roger...or any of you guys for that matter!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I'm looking forward to this event as I conducted a "how to" detailing seminar at our YEB at Skunkworks last fall, it was pretty cool as some in attendence actually paid attention This is going to a great oppurtunity to see what these products do inperson and then you can judge for yourself. Now we did something like this back at SZ02' I believe and my competitor was CEG legend Antonio Wright and if you ask anyone in attendence that remembers and they'll tell you this, Mequiars actually produced an actual difference compared to Zaino, seriously. What I heard afterwards was "the surface wasn't prepped", well, it appears the car is going to be washed and clayed by Jim himself, no slouch in the detailing department himself, so theres going to NO exuses...I hope

Heres the "Tale of the Tape" on my end:

-Griots clay bar and Griots Speed Shine
*I'm bringing the clay bar just incase*

-Klasse All in One (AIO)

-Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG)

-Pinnacle "Souveran"

The reason I'm using 2 different products is simple, caranuba gives you depth and you can't get that from an acrylic and you need to use Klasse SG to give the paint its "pop", something you don't get from a caranuba. I'd usually wait about 8 hours for the SG to set up, but for this I don't have that kinda time, so we'll be "winging it" Someone mentioned price, heres the run down on that for the record as well:

-Both Klasse products are about $50.00, give or take a couple bucks

-I paid $50.00 for my container of Pinnacle "Souveran", but it retails for $70.00. Its said that you can get 25 wax jobs out of it, so that breaks down to about $2.80 per wax job, not alot of money when you look at it like that Either way, I expect this to be alot of fun, informative and a general good time. Its a good way to put a face with a name, so make sure you introduce yourself and come by and say hello

BTW, who is my competitor Jim

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Well, the competitor is 90% for sure coming. Ill let you know, or I guess he'll chime in when he registers.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Well, the competitor is 90% for sure coming. Ill let you know, or I guess he'll chime in when he registers.

Come on Jim, who is it

I remember seeing the Fusion and IIRC its that dark blue, right If so, great choice for the competition, although a T-red Tour would've been the best choice Either way, its going to be a good time had by all.

BTW, I'd like to let everyone know that in addition to what Jim is offering up to the person who wins best of show, I'm donating a 16 oz bottle of Griots "Best of Show" caranuba wax. Its 23% caranuba, non-silcone base and produces truely spectacular results (when properly applied and prepped) It needs to sit on the car for about an hour and then removed and remember, if you win/use it, apply it thin Good luck to those who will be in the running for that award!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
the fusion is also black. But i doubt it will have enough swirl marks by then after going through weekly car washes.

I just offered my brothers black svt because I'll probably be the second person out there setting up and im sure youll want to get a head start after you get done detailing your car.

Btw, thanks again for the donation!

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Ok, so we're detailing the recently acquired CSVT, thats cool If you could wash it the day before, we're all set as I don't mind claying the car myself, lets just hope the competition doesn't mind as I don't like sharing BTW, who is the competition, inquiring minds would like to know

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I want a Pete vs. Rog match

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Depending on the paints condition, that would be cool but I think I can speak for Pete when I say that if the paint is brand new, using a PC isn't going to net any better results other than getting the job done faster IIRC the paint on their recently aquired black CSVT is pretty good, I should know as I detailed it for the previous owner for the Ford 100 3 years ago. Either way, it would be cool to see Pete out for this, or any of our other gurus!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by starjammir:
I want a Pete vs. Rog match

alright, ill break the news. The competitor will in fact be Pete. Let the showdown begin!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard