Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Call me a tard, but I didn't think that this 'simple' seal wouldn't be available at the local autoparts stores and hard to locate.

Anyone know of a good source for these outside of Ford? And a good p/n? I've located a OEM p/n via search, but have confirmed 100% an aftermarket pn.

Ryan Trollin!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Extremely low density of this transmission means that the aftermarket won't persue it since it has no potential for being profitable. Call it capitalism. Why should the aftermarket be expected to produce a product for which the expected market is very small?

Motorcraft BRS46 or Ford F5RZ1S177AA. $7.88 each from RockAuto.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I finally found some locally.... :-)

Ryan Trollin!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
Call me a tard

Tard...no disrespect but someone had to.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
These seals turn out to be a PITA to install. I even have several Ford Rotunda Essential Tools seal installers to work with and it is still hard. The dang thing keeps wanting to go in crooked. These large, plastic Rotunda seal installers cover up everything making it hard to see if the seal is aligned evenly with the bore.

Finally dug through all my Rotunda tools and came up with a large, flat-faced, steel driver that popped it right in. Stick the seal in place by hand first to get it as even as possible with the bore. Use any flat, driver face that is at least as large as, or larger than, the outer seal edges, then give it a quick whack to drive it home. This shouldn't this hard but then, its a Contour - is anything ever easy on this car?

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard