Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
I guess my rotors randomly warped themselves sitting in my garage.

I must have had those rotors turned for nothing then.

Tell me how you allegedly did it then. This ought to be good. opcorn:

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
If I knew, that would be great. You figure out how it happend during the course of normal commuting for awhile on wheels that were not properly centered.

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
There's no way you warped the rotors from the wheels being off. Even if they were WAY off, and were really pulling at the rotor hat, it wouldn't have hurt the outer portion of the rotor, and machining wouldn't have fixed it. It must have been a coincidence. Did you change anything else?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
yea I needed the 73mm/63.9mm hub rings, pretty much standard on most contours, they looked like this..

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Well I was going to order some of these before I put the wheels back on, but upon inspection today I found that these were included with my purchase from Stazi Very cool.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
There's no way you warped the rotors from the wheels being off. Even if they were WAY off, and were really pulling at the rotor hat, it wouldn't have hurt the outer portion of the rotor, and machining wouldn't have fixed it. It must have been a coincidence. Did you change anything else?

Nope, I did have them turned to flush again. However im getting some [censored] out of the rears now. Im just going to replace it all around with fresh parts

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard