Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Here is my original post about the trans trouble:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1191785&Forum=trouble&Words=snap&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=1191785&Search=true#Post1191785

Now firstly this is not meant to bash terry. I have been in contact with him and he has been very accomodating and everything between me and him is taken care of. These pictures are simply being posted, because...well this trans is really F'd up, and it is really kind of interesting.

In any case you can read the symptoms in the other post...I already have another transmission so I decide to take this one apart. I took off the bellhousing and basically everything fell out.

So here it is:

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Wow, Thats a TH prepped trans? what happend to it.... not knocking anyone just curious

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I should say this, even tho it doesn't matter due to the nature of the failure. But it was a budget rebuild, no LSD, that is a stocker diff you see in the pics. Still looks pretty good tho.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by 99SVT:
I should say this, even tho it doesn't matter due to the nature of the failure. But it was a budget rebuild, no LSD, that is a stocker diff you see in the pics. Still looks pretty good tho.

Well...stock diff...key words right there.

But otherwise, how the hell do you drive??

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by GetLucky151�©:

Well...stock diff...key words right there.

But otherwise, how the hell do you drive??

It's my understanding...and I'm no expert. But I have seen blown diffs, and the teeth on this one still look great. It is the bearings that failed. Faulty part or not pressed on properly or something else.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Looks like deer poop in his tranny!

Maybe this weekend I can come down and offer my expertise.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by mapoftazifoshoââ??¢:
Looks like deer poop in his tranny!

Maybe this weekend I can come down and offer my expertise.

Deer poop > Ford Honey

C'mon down I'm sure I'll be puttin it back together all weekend. Thanks for the clutch alignment tool btw.

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
It is the bearings that failed. Faulty part or not pressed on properly or something else.

def a bearing crapping the bed, followed by subsequent carnage. that sucks! but it does happen.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I'll wait for Terry to chime in, but it looks like the bearing damage caused other issues ... now, what caused the bearing damage? #1 cause of bearing damage in engine/transmission/turbo/anything that uses a bearing is lack of lubrication ... now what caused that? see where I'm going with this? Good luck!

Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
you obviously didnt have your tierods and balljoints off...

the 3.0L oval port 3.0L '98 midnight blue se
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard