Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29
#1545832 05/12/06 12:31 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by JSmith:
I can imagine. You've had the patiance of a saint all though this.

The fact that they couldn't call you and tell you this is what rubs me the wrong way. Thats just a lack of responsibility.

Yeah they suck. I really wanted to take care of this myself. Again, thanks to everyone for all of their help and suggestions!

I called today, the part is no longer on back order status and should be here by Monday. THEN the fun begins!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
#1545833 05/17/06 01:35 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
So... I've been getting the "I'm the night guy and can't find your paperwork. The Tech that was working on your car is gone for the day. The Service advisor is gone for the day. I apologize, but the best thing for you to do is to call back in the morning" for the past 2 nights.

I called yesterday morning and the computer had just arrived. Someone was going to work on it during the day, but the night guy ??? I'm on the phone now. PRIDE FORD SUX! He started installing the PCM last night, I'll give you a call later in the day. I know they are going to say wiring harness.

What will that cost? Labor?

I'm getting so sick of this. I'm getting sick of just not knowing. I'm getting tired of waiting for the other shoe to drop and have them tell me that you just spent/owe us $800 and your car will still not start. If you REALLY want it to start you will need to give us more $$.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
#1545834 05/17/06 01:57 PM
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Tell them if you wanted to aimlessly throw parts you could of done that yourself cheaper. You took it too them thinking they would have a logical troubleshooting method that would of told them wire or pcm... IMHO they should of pulled the harness, and bench tested each wire, and no that wouldn't take more than an 1hour.

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
#1545835 05/18/06 02:35 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
So here is the next chapter in the story. Supposedly they called me at work yesterday afternoon. No missed call, no voicemail. I am having some cell phone troubles, so if they called that # then maybe...

Anyway, so they called my wife. The message is that they ordered the wrong computer. Yes, that is right, the backordered computer we had to wait a week for was the WRONG ONE! They ordered the correct one (allegedly) and lo and behold, that one is NOT on backorder. They overnighted it, so it will arrive today.

THEY WILL be giving me a discount!

Edit: I just called. Um Mr. Thornton, did you speak to your wife. I said yes. Well we are still waiting for UPS to deliver the computer, we ordered the wrong one. Once that gets here we will get it in and then begin looking for the other problems. -- No apology, no promises.

Dude you screwed me over here. Your mistake cost us a week. Gosh they suck! I'm going to start bugging them and letting them know how disgusted I am by all of this.

Last edited by Bicycle commuter :(; 05/18/06 02:52 PM.

#1545836 05/18/06 04:49 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Oh man .. so sorry. I hate when dealerships do this (I had my share of "waiting for things on order" and "guesswork" as well).

With all this occurring I really hope that the computer is indeed the problem.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Rouar:
Oh man .. so sorry. I hate when dealerships do this (I had my share of "waiting for things on order" and "guesswork" as well).

With all this occurring I really hope that the computer is indeed the problem.

Oh no the computer is not the problem. That is just their first step in troubleshooting it.

I got tired of nobody calling me, and everyone telling me to call back to get some news. I sent a fax to the service advisor and CC'd the Service manager. So finally someone called me back. They told me that replacing the PCM is the first step in troubleshooting. They have no idea what the problem is and how much it will cost to repair. It could be thousands, and Will seemed to think it would be expensive. He told me if that was a problem that his manager had told him to tell me that they would waive the diagnostic fee and I could come pick it up. I said and do what push it home? I said this is already a problem, I'm not paying you $800 just so you can tell me that it will be anothe $1000. I just don't have it and don't have any way of getting it, let alone doubt that it is worth that.

Supposedly the Service Manager is going to call me in the morning. I told Will (hereafter known as dumbA##) that I just don't understand why they don't want me as a customer. Do they not think they can fix it?

I am sooooo ripping pissed right now! I just tried to call back and asked for the Service Manager. They hung up on me. I called back and spoke to the service guy that was nice to me. He suggested I speak to his Assistant Manager, who isn't there until the morning.

I am just sick of this. I'm thinking about just going and getting it and pushing it the couple of miles to my inlaws. I can't afford to write them a blank check. I also don't want to spend $800 on a computer to then have to spend $500 or more to actually repair the car. There is no money so at that point the $800 will be thrown out the window because I will be pushing it home anyway.

I'm thinking about cutting my losses. I really don't want to, but I can't afford to do anything else.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
that is a really bad stealership.. the PCM should be the last thing to go for... Tell them you want your orginal pcm in there and it ready to tow. I'm out with a broken finger agian. I'm doing nothing if you want to make one last try at it...

JD a.k.a Fingers "Don't Panic" '98 Contour GL 2.0L VCT ATX 88k '98 Contour LX 2.5L MTX 120k Street racing can kill just less of a chance with a 2.0
#1545839 05/19/06 12:21 PM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
You want to get yoru car fixed, right?
Plus you're upset with their customer service, right?

Bite your lip, let them finish fixing the car. Then when its done and they've invested their money and they call you to come pick up your car thats when you open your mouth.

You can remind them of their terrible customer service. You can tell them that you are not willing to pay $800 for replacement of the PCM just for troubleshooting purposes. If they can't proove the original was bad then you will not pay any costs associated with its replacement because there was nothing wrong with it. If they give you any static just remind then that you still have your money, their bill is outrageous, they treated you as if you were wasting their time when in fact you are a coutomer and they took the fact that you are not technically inclined to their advantage so they could extort money from you.

If you are willing to cut your loses in a worst case scenario make them a take it or leave it offer of what you are willing to pay.

This is really burning me to hear these stories about what is going on with your car. I wish there were more reasources available when you were doing the work yourself so you could have fixed it yourself rather than have to deal with a bunch of jokers.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
#1545840 05/19/06 12:21 PM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
You want to get yoru car fixed, right?
Plus you're upset with their customer service, right?

Bite your lip, let them finish fixing the car. Then when its done and they've invested their money and they call you to come pick up your car thats when you open your mouth.

You can remind them of their terrible customer service. You can tell them that you are not willing to pay $800 for replacement of the PCM just for troubleshooting purposes. If they can't proove the original was bad then you will not pay any costs associated with its replacement because there was nothing wrong with it. If they give you any static just remind then that you still have your money, their bill is outrageous, they treated you as if you were wasting their time when in fact you are a coutomer and they took the fact that you are not technically inclined to their advantage so they could extort money from you.

If you are willing to cut your loses in a worst case scenario make them a take it or leave it offer of what you are willing to pay.

This is really burning me to hear these stories about what is going on with your car. I wish there were more reasources available when you were doing the work yourself so you could have fixed it yourself rather than have to deal with a bunch of jokers.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
#1545841 05/19/06 01:41 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
PRIDE FORD IS A BUNCH OF F---ING MORONS !!!!!!!!!

According to the Service Manager, they are unwilling to take any financial risk associated with this car. They don't want to put the computer in and have it possibly immediately blow out, or put it in and have me say forget it and have to take it back out and eat the charges for it (unreturnable once installed)

Supposedly the car is a nightmare of backprobed this and hanging wires that, and blown this ...

I don't know what to do. I guess I will go empty the car and just abandon it somewhere. I can't afford to even tow it home and try to work on it myself.

PRIDE FORD OF NORTH ATTLEBORO, MA SUCKS BIG OLD DONKEY DONGS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Edit-- Thought I'd add a photo of my commuting vehicle. Wasn't super fun in the monsoon, but whatever!

My wife is calling them now. She is much more calm than I am. The have ignored and blown me off for so long that I'm immediately pissed at them. They wouldn't even let me speak to the Assistant Manager when I called (whom I've dealt with before) but just transferred me to the Manager/ Hatchetman.

I haven't been this pissed off in a long time, maybe even ever! It's lucky that they aren't closer!

BTW the bite your tongue advice is good advice. Unfortunately I already didn't do that.

Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard