Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SpdySVT Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
After hour & days of reading and lookin' at pics of swaps this will sound stupid but the term full 3.0 Swap and Hybrid 3.0 swap are used way too vaugely will someone please clarify the exact differences betwewn full 3.0 swap and Hybrid 3.0 swap .. i know the difference just from what i have read which is way too much so in one form..."this one" will someone who ever wiews this with experience in both types of swaps get back to me with the answer... thank you soooo much ...

SpdySVT

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SpdySVT:
After hour & days of reading and lookin' at pics of swaps this will sound stupid but the term full 3.0 Swap and Hybrid 3.0 swap are used way too vaugely will someone please clarify the exact differences betwewn full 3.0 swap and Hybrid 3.0 swap .. i know the difference just from what i have read which is way too much so in one form..."this one" will someone who ever wiews this with experience in both types of swaps get back to me with the answer... thank you soooo much ...

SpdySVT

Edited by mod...

You don't know the difference, even though you said you did, because you got too tired to read after looking at so many pictures. Let me give you a little clue. April 6 at 06:45 PM in the 3.0L forum, there was a post that describes exactly what a hybrid is.

Good Luck.

Last edited by bnoon; 04/08/06 09:01 PM.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
S
SpdySVT Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Edited by mod for content.

-BN

Last edited by bnoon; 04/08/06 08:56 PM.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Check the stickies on this site it has the most helpful information and also check out the stickies in www.newcougar.org and www.forcontour.org it will help have everything fall into place. I have been trying to prep my swap for almost a year now, I know you might not care, but I am just trying to explain that there is so much information that it takes a very long time to get through, but once you find out the differences you can go research toward one of the types of these swaps. Then it can become easier. Check out the stickies and see what you come up with.

3L process done
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

Anyways, I'll humor you..

Hybrid = 2.5L Heads and Intake + 3.0L shortblock
Full (typically) = all 3.0L
Some also refer to the full oval port which can be a 3.0L long block mated to the 2.5L intakes.

Ryan Trollin!
S
SpdySVT Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
thanks for the humor .. the full swap is what i need to do to get it on the road ASAP . thanks ..

SpadSVT

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
The term "hybrid" has been used quite loosely over the last 3-4 years. It only pertains to the heads ... not the LIM/UIM setup.

3.0L block + 2.5L heads = hybrid
3.0L block + 3.0L "port matched" heads + 2.5L UIM = Full 3.0L w/ 2.5L UIM

All you need to know is that anything above the heads can be switched for another with some slight modifications to things like vacuum routing and EGR tubing, but the heads are what makes it a hybrid.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
SpdySVT.

This is a family oriented site.

We will not tolerate the following things that you did:
name calling
personal insults
insults on what someone happens to drive
cussing
language filter bypassing

As a father of two, I would hope you'd be able to realize that those actions are not appropriate, and you should tone them down. (read: don't do them, again) If you CAN'T realize that, we can realize that for you. That is all.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
SpdySVT Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Ray:
SpdySVT.

This is a family oriented site.

We will not tolerate the following things that you did:
name calling
personal insults
insults on what someone happens to drive
cussing
language filter bypassing

As a father of two, I would hope you'd be able to realize that those actions are not appropriate, and you should tone them down. (read: don't do them, again) If you CAN'T realize that, we can realize that for you. That is all.

I do realize that this is a family oriented sight and that i was in the wrong for the above statements ... but if im in the wrong well my friend everyone here who "throws up the B.S. Flag" is in the wrong, if i had anyone in my family read that... they are likely to pick up the words "B.S." as a saying and by no means does "B.S." Stand for "bad stuff" my fellow CEG member I apologize and it will not happen again....

Very Respectfully,

SpdySVT

Peace out !

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by SpdySVT:
..... kinda like how your CSVT oh wait my bad you have a 2.5 LX thats right...

I don't see the insult in this. You have an SVT, he does not. There are MANY non-SVT cars that are running more power than the SVT so...don't jump on some guy and assume you have better anything...just because its an S V T.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard