Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
They better not have sent me the wrong ones.. although I do like the ride height as is.

Let me go check the numbers on the box that they came in.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The boxes tell this story:

Front: 8710 1368 Sport
Rear: 8710 1294 Sport

This agrees with the listing on Koni's site. This would mean if there is a mixup - it is likely not AJUSA's fault.

Edit: Although now that I look at it - those are the strut part numbers.

Last edited by SVTforme; 04/07/06 08:38 PM.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Yummy Mummy:
Umm you have a Zetec? Needs less purse & skirt.

This is true

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Originally posted by Yummy Mummy:
Ok I guess I was confused. Sounds like he thought he received the wrong struts. Now it's SVTforme that received the incorrect struts. WTH?

If im interpreting this correctly, both recieved the correct struts. And SVTforme is running the incorrect (zetec) front springs.

You are correct RawBurt.

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVTforme:
The boxes tell this story:

Front: 8710 1368 Sport
Rear: 8710 1294 Sport

This agrees with the listing on Koni's site. This would mean if there is a mixup - it is likely not AJUSA's fault.

Edit: Although now that I look at it - those are the strut part numbers.

Ya, from my experience what's on the boxes doesn't matter much, unfortunately. My outer box was clearly for the V6, but the kit is the Zetec kit (with the only difference being the front springs as mentioned).

I just want to re-iterate that I had nothing but an exceptional experience with AJUSA on this. I don't want anyone to misinterperet and think it was their fault. Those guys were really on the ball over there!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Funny thing is.. my car now sits exactly where I want it.. whether it has the right springs or not.. who knows. I'd like to compare with someone who has the "correct" ones on their V6 to see what theirs look like.

We need someone else to check out the part numbers on their springs.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVTforme:
Funny thing is.. my car now sits exactly where I want it.. whether it has the right springs or not.. who knows. I'd like to compare with someone who has the "correct" ones on their V6 to see what theirs look like.

We need someone else to check out the part numbers on their springs.

Ya, your car definitely sits and looks Not sure that even if they do turn out to be zetec springs if it's even worth messing with it!

I can't imagine there is very much difference between the springs. Only reason I cared so much is because it could probably have a more negative effect on my car than a V6 car. I should have asked Koni when I had them on the line, but I was already in a hurry to get out the door so I kept it brief.

Come on.. nobody wants to crawl under their car on a Friday evening and read us their spring part #s?

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Could this be why I always scrape my front bumper??????? I will check the part numbers this weekend. I think I might have these springs also.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
Could this be why I always scrape my front bumper??????? I will check the part numbers this weekend. I think I might have these springs also.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I just checked and my front springs say "koni 057 front." Check the pics and videos forum. I just posted pics of how the car looks on the koni kit. I like the way it sits, and the car handles great. I would just keep these springs if I were you. I would not want it sitting any higher than it is now.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard