Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I received my Koni Kit a couple days ago. Right away I noticed that the part number on the box corresponded with the V-6 kit. The kit was directly shipped from Koni because AJ didnt have the 4 cyl kit in stock.

So, I call AJ (since I couldn't reach koni after hours) and they aplogize (even though not their fault) and they offer to contact Koni in the morning for me. OK... cool...

So I get a call from AJ yesterday and Im asked to pull the springs out and have a look. He asks me what the part numbers say on the front springs. So I look at them, and they say "Koni 057 Front" on them. Immediately he responds with, "OK, we're good, those are the right ones. They must have just used the wrong packaging." He said that the only difference in between the two kits is the front springs used... I'm like great, makes sense, sounds good.

Well, never satisfied unless I see proof for myself, I go looking online, and at LTBMotorsports.com I notice that on this page http://www.ltbmotorsports.com/kospspki.html that the part number for the 6 cylinder kit is 1020-6057. The 4 cylinder kit is 1020-6056. I think to myself, that's a pretty big coincidence that my springs say 057, and the 6 cylinder kit is 1020-6057.

Then tonight, I see this image, thanks to user SVTforme, who I hope does not mind me borrowing one of his excellent pictures :

Now, that looks like it says KONI 057 FRONT on it to me, which is EXACTLY what my springs say on them.

There is no way I have the 4 cylinder front springs in this kit

I don't know if an honest mistake has been made twice now (first by Koni in filling the order, then by Koni and/or AJUSA in identifying the springs), but I am starting to wonder if someone is hoping that I just won't find out that Koni screwed up and they're hoping I'll just put the springs in and shut up.

I'll be calling the tech line in the morning if they haven't yet responded to my email when I get up.

A heads up to any other Zetecs with Koni kits or ordering them to watch out for this.. and if anyone else can confirm one way or another on this spring identification issue, I'd appreciate the help!

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Confirmed:

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Not good at all. I'm thinking they don't want to deal with the f up.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I just got this response this morning from Koni:

"The front spring will be market with part # 15.33.40.057.0 for the fronts on the 4cy."

There is no such part number anywhere on the spring... just the "Koni 057" marking. Man this is weird! I emailed them back and told them what I'm seeing and how it's the same as a friends v6 spring.

I can definitely see now why AJUSA thought I was in the clear though.. I really had a hard time believing they were trying to deceive me. They have done nothing but given me excellent service on this transaction.

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
OK. Just got off the phone with the Koni technical line. They confirmed with me that the Koni Sport Kits consist of the following:

4 Cylinder Kit:
Front Springs.....Rear Springs
Koni 057...........Koni 059

6 Cylinder Kit:
Koni 058...........Koni 059

Which means that they did in fact get me the correct kit. Unfortunately, for user SVTforme, I believe you also have the 4 cylinder springs... which probably only equates to a little lower stance in front, I didn't ask them that.

Anyway, just wanted to document this for anyone like me that's obsessed with the details on these kinds of things.

Anyone else with a V6 Contour and Koni Sport Kit want to take a look at that their front springs and see if they say "Koni 058 Front"?

Hope this helps someone else.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
WTF!!!

I just ordered from them, if they screw it up i'm gonna be so pissed!

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Umm you have a Zetec? Needs less purse & skirt.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Yummy Mummy:
Umm you have a Zetec? Needs less purse & skirt.

What

Originally posted by SVTforme:
Confirmed:

He has an SVT... Although he got the zetec front springs according to this:

Originally posted by sk8token:
4 Cylinder Kit:
Koni 057...........Koni 059

6 Cylinder Kit:
Koni 058...........Koni 059

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Ok I guess I was confused. Sounds like he thought he received the wrong struts. Now it's SVTforme that received the incorrect struts. WTH?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Yummy Mummy:
Ok I guess I was confused. Sounds like he thought he received the wrong struts. Now it's SVTforme that received the incorrect struts. WTH?

If im interpreting this correctly, both recieved the correct struts. And SVTforme is running the incorrect (zetec) front springs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard