Print Thread
#1543957 04/07/06 01:26 AM
S
stilov Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I was looking through an irs website and noticed auctions of cars...nothing new there, but they had some Mondeos listed...02-04. For about 5-6k. I realize that you can't get them "licensed" but can you replace the VIN with say a focus VIN and register it that way? Like on a salvage Focus or something? I am not saying to sell it, just to drive a car that is different? Assumming you have a buddy that would pass the emissions/safety for you.

I know it is "illegal" but would it be any worse than driving around a car with no emissions equipment cough turbo contour cough cough

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
#1543958 04/07/06 07:06 AM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Wonder if it would work if you went the direction of a kit car? Your way could develop a problem if you got pulled over. The officer is going to know your not driving a Focus and he is going to question you or possibly impound the vehicle. If it was proven, you could be in deep [censored].

Granted, a Mondeo it is different, but unless you went for the flagship Mondeo, I do not see the point. Sure it would be cool to have something that nobody else has, but after awhile I think the coolness would wear off and you would find that all that is parked in the garage is a typical family car. Just run of the mill Ford quality/power/technology. After having some of the toys that you have/had, I believe a disappointment would follow.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
#1543959 04/07/06 01:58 PM
S
stilov Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
true, but I am taking as a 2nd car anyway...you see I think that they look similar enough to a focus...just an idea...I am not actually going to do it.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard