Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
OK, here's the deal. I recently installed a Clarion ProAudio DXZ755MC HU. Unfortunately I'm now completely broke as my money is needed elsewhere, and of course the stock speakers suck donkey [censored].

What I have to work with:
Clarion HU - installed - 53w x 4, 6 channel RCA out

one old(new) set of Infinity Kappa 302s (3�½" loudspeaker) power handling: 18w (I assume this is RMS)
one old(new) set of Infinity RS 502s (5�½" 2-way speaker) power handling: 30w

by "old(new)" I mean they are new in the box, never installed, but purchased circa 1993. Always stored in a cool dry place.

two 12" MTX Eliminators, also purchased in '93 and stored since 1995.
and finally a 180w Sherwood amp, 4ch bridgeable into 3, 2, or 1 ch.

What I would like to know:

1) Is it even worth trying to use any of this in the car? The stock speakers have developed a rattle from the power output of the new HU, and there really is NO available money, even for budget Pioneers from Wally World.

2) If it is worth installing the Infinitys, what would be the best use of them? i.e. 302s in the front, 502s in the back, maybe custom mount with 302s and 502s both in the same door, etc.

Once money becomes available, I will be installing 6x9 Infinity Kappas in the doors, but until that time any constructive input into this little connundrum would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 04/05/06 04:45 PM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
If it were me, I'd put the 5.25's in the front door, and send 2 channels to them, then mount one MTX in teh trunk, and bridge the other 2 channels to it. May not pound, but it's got to be better than stock. What is the bridged RMS of the sherwood?

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I don't think it will be necessary to amplify the 502s as they are 30 watt, and the HU puts out 53w/ch. As for the amp, I'm a little hazy there. I'll have to dig it out of the closet and check.

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 04/05/06 04:36 PM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by getsum111:
What is the bridged RMS of the sherwood?

Looks to be a rather tiny 180 watts.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
see if you can get the 5 1/2 inch ones mounted into the front doors, then mount the 3's into the rear deck. Just a little bit of drilling and cutting and plop them in. Later on you can cut out bigger holes in the rear deck for larger spears (nothing too big, just something like another set of 5 1/2 inch components or something.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Well if it was me, First I would sell all those speaker to buy the right size speakers for the car. During that time save what you can to purchase a good amp to push those 12"s. I would keep the amp that you got to use on the front and back speakers. I believe in doing it right the first time then having to go back and doing the same job two or three times till your happy. Good luck!

hotrod90019 98 CSVT T-Red #4463

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard