Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I may just be an idiot but I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong here. I assemble the fittings as instructed and can very very easily still pull the tube from the fitting. Here are some pictures.

This is the order in which i assemble the parts...

everything all tightened up...

can simply pull the tube out of the fitting...

I believe the instructions said not to overtighten the fittings, something like 1/4 turn after snug.

-Adam- 2k Silver Frost #939 - 36K Miles H&R + Koni + Mirko + Elky Mesh + Hella Optilux + K&N + LoTek + Mille Miglia EVO 17" + ADC T-28 Turbo + Magnaflow 3" S.S. + exhaust leaks + CEL light + more to come...
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SHOgoFast:
I may just be an idiot but I cannot seem to figure out what I am doing wrong here. I assemble the fittings as instructed and can very very easily still pull the tube from the fitting. Here are some pictures.

This is the order in which i assemble the parts...

everything all tightened up...

can simply pull the tube out of the fitting...

I believe the instructions said not to overtighten the fittings, something like 1/4 turn after snug.

Well guy your either not tightening them enough or your using a 1/4" fitting instead of an 1/8". After you tighten it does the brass compression fitting look crushed?

Mike

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
No, the fitting does not appear to be crushed at all. I am positive I am using the proper sized components A. because they came with the gauge, and B. The ferrule does fit snuggly onto the tube and the tube fits snuggly into the other fittings. However, it still is too easily removeable.

Maybe you are correct and I just need to tighten it more...any other input would be appreciated.

It is a FAZE mechanical oil pressure guage, and I looked at autometer's instructions for comparison and they have very very similar instructions to FAZE.

-Adam- 2k Silver Frost #939 - 36K Miles H&R + Koni + Mirko + Elky Mesh + Hella Optilux + K&N + LoTek + Mille Miglia EVO 17" + ADC T-28 Turbo + Magnaflow 3" S.S. + exhaust leaks + CEL light + more to come...
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
My oil pressure gauge is an autometer, and the instructions said nothing about how tight to tighten that ferrule thing. I kept tightening until the resistence was alot more than after inital contact. I can't remember for sure how many full turns it was (way more than just 1/4 turn).

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Thanks morbid, I will wait another day or two for other advice and then I just gonna wrench on it.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Crank on that sucker till it crushes. That's how it works. Adam you sure you're up to the turbo? If you guys need help pulling the motor let me know.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I've got a question that goes along with this. I have an Autometer, mechanical oil pressure gauge. I need to send the gauge back to Autometer to reattach the needle that fell off. Any ideas on how I should plug the end of the tube that comes into the cabin of the car, to avoid an oily dash?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Drain all your oil

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Do you have any compression fittings? If you do you can undo the one end and put a brass cap on it. I ran copper tubing from the elbow off the block up towards the firewall. Before it enters the cabin I have a compression fitting to join the copper with the plastic line.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I've got a question that goes along with this. I have an Autometer, mechanical oil pressure gauge. I need to send the gauge back to Autometer to reattach the needle that fell off. Any ideas on how I should plug the end of the tube that comes into the cabin of the car, to avoid an oily dash?

Mark

Good question. I really don't know how you'd go about doing something like that. I see 80 PSI+ after 20-30 seconds of run time so I don't know you you could plug it. Mayve if you got a brass compression fitting (used to join 2 pieces of pipe together) and just stuck a plug on the other side. If you go down to napa (or whatever) they may be able to help you out too.

Mike

EDIT

Looks like I got beat to the chase.

Last edited by giddyup306; 04/05/06 01:38 PM.

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard