Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Looks like we might have the resources in place to offer a matched head/cam package. Question is what would be the dream set up? More lift, duration, etc? I'm thinking possibly bumping lift from 9.8mm to 10.5 (12.3mm is the theoretical max lift before hitting pistons), increasing duration over svt for N/A applications, turbo lots of lift little overlap, etc. List your your specs and we wil try and build'm, flow'm, dyno'm, and sell'm!

Oh yeah and what do you think you would be willing to pay?

Thanks!
-Jesse

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
$2

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
100,000,000 dollars

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Direct injection, variable timing.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by kinger:
... Oh yeah and what do you think you would be willing to pay?

That is one question that should never be asked because 9 times out of 10, people are going to make smartass comments. I say make them if interest is there and sell them to make a profit ... you know your costs, so build in your profit margin and adjust based on sales volume.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I think it should be your dream combo as a business man. I would ask myself what improvements can you make over the SVT cam setup? You'll want it to have a nice profile for NA and OK for forced induction. It seems the people are paying $2-300 for the SVT cams, so if you could get significant gains for $4-500, you would probably have sales.

Thinking that if you went too specific with the grind, like say just for NA or, and even worse, just for forced induction, not as many would buy. If you don't sell the cams separately, but only as a head/cam package, again you will probably alienate your demographic.

The people that want performance and have a few bucks are sitting on that fence. Buy an Audi/Evo/WRX or save a few bucks and supe up the Contour(which they love). The people that don't have new car money, but want performance, would be willing to buy cams, but not necessarilly the head/cam combo. Bottom line=hotter than SVT grind for NA is probably your best bet.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I might would pick up a head/cam combo for an NA setup...

What would be a major difference in head/cam choice for an NA car vs. a nitrous car? Anything?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Direct injection, variable timing.

Ditto, but dual independent variable cam timing (intake & exhaust). Ford mentions such a system in their FSMs detailing the Ford intake variable cam timing system, but I don't recall any production vehicle with it.

Driving the Caliber Side project: The LT-5 Fiero is being born..
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
$2000 would be reasonable for a totally ported head setup with 4 custom cams. of course for that much money titanium valvesprings and maybe custom rocker arms would be nice to have too......

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
When he asked about dream head setup I don't think he was referring to custom heads with a different fuel injection setup and variable cam timing...

and no 1 cam will be good for everything... which necessitates an N/A cam and an FI cam. Most people going for big power in contours see to be going FI though and they seem to be the people with money.

Me personally if I still have a contour would want a cam/heads package for a 3L N/A running up to 8500 rpm with a powerband in the 5-8500 rpm range.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard