Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
My system will consist of an older Precision power 75w X 2 amp bridged to run two Precision power 10" subs in a sealed enclosure. A Soundstream rub600-4 which is a 50w x 4 amp that will run polk seperates in the front doors and polk coaxials in the rear doors.

First of all, would I benefit from a capacitor? Second do I just run one for the sub amp or both amps? Third is this sufficient?
http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Capacitors
If not does anyone have any better suggestions?

Another question, will a 4 ga main supply wire be sufficient to power those two amps, http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL4BL or do I need to go with a 0/1 ga wire?

Last edited by Sivart; 04/04/06 07:16 PM.

1998 SVT. Silver Frost. #4076 of 6535. SOLD! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2143175
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Before you buy a capacitor, buy some real amps. No offense but those brands do not work too well.

Also, the power rating on those polks may probably be higher than 50 watts.

Are those amp specs RMS or peak because if they are peak they are no good.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:
Before you buy a capacitor, buy some real amps. No offense but those brands do not work too well.

Also, the power rating on those polks may probably be higher than 50 watts.

Are those amp specs RMS or peak because if they are peak they are no good.

Before you post, do some research chief. If it's an older PPI amp, it's more than likey one of the best quality amps you could ever buy. The Soundstream Rubicon series is no slouch either. Nice comment about the power ratings as well, you obviously don't know shat about quality car audio. I'll put my trusty little PPI A300's up against all the power you're probably running and you'll get to hear what a quality setup sounds like.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
True, Soundstream and Precision Power were among the Best some years ago.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
yeah my bad... i thouhgt it said soundstage... not soundstream i read it quickly

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
The soundstream is only a couple of years old. I got a good deal on it and I didn't realize that they had changed ownership and that the Soundstream that I used to know no longer existed. For what I paid it will do the job until I can upgrade. The PPI is about 5 maybe 6 years old. It was before they changed ownership. I have an art series in my mustang and it's a fantastic amp.

1998 SVT. Silver Frost. #4076 of 6535. SOLD! http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2143175
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Sivart:
It was before they changed ownership. I have an art series in my mustang and it's a fantastic amp.

I love those. The guy who taught me how to install had one way back when, and it was just great.

Scott Mabe I WILL be Phil. 1999 Contour SVT, Tropic Green BAT kit, K&N RU-3530+MAF, Magnecore 8.5mm, some audio goodies, Hightowers, Knauberized, tatoo by Parkedcar.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by getsum111:
It was before they changed ownership. I have an art series in my mustang and it's a fantastic amp.

I love those. The guy who taught me how to install had one way back when, and it was just great.

Yeah I love mine. You can fry eggs on them but they never shut down.

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Originally posted by getsum111:

Yeah I love mine. You can fry eggs on them but they never shut down.

ugly as hell, but some of the best amps i have owned.

i had:

4100AM
2300AM
ProMos 100
2 A300.2
1 A600.2

at various times and never had an issue with any...ever.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Before you post, do some research chief. If it's an older PPI amp, it's more than likey one of the best quality amps you could ever buy. The Soundstream Rubicon series is no slouch either. Nice comment about the power ratings as well, you obviously don't know shat about quality car audio. I'll put my trusty little PPI A300's up against all the power you're probably running and you'll get to hear what a quality setup sounds like.

Exactly! The older PPI amps were some of the best made. Are the new ones not as good??

I have the older series of PPI amps and they are phenomenal in reliability, clarity, and power. 4th or 2nd (switchable) order crossovers built in, seious continuous power.
I'm using a PPI 2600 (Chromed exterior) to drive my JBL W12GTi sub and it is perfectly matched.
My PPI 4100 (powdercoat gray) is again driving the front end in the Volvo and it is also very awesome. Those Bostonacoustics Pro60 speakers that I selected sound absolutely crystal, crisp and have very good bass.
I'd recommend them in a heartbeat if you can afford them.

Just FYI, I order some Polk MMC 6.5" coaxial speakers for the rear doors in order to provide the rear fill and round out the sound. I have a friend who uses the Polk Momo speakers and they are very nice for the money. I still prefer the Bostons for superior sound, just a tad more natural sounding I think but the polks will treat you really well.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard